Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Yarn

Yellow yarrow
The yelling youth yammering for yams and yogurt made Yolanda yearn for a yard lined in yellow yarrow. Yacking yellowed her yin and yang.

YO!” the youth yodeled. “Ya got yummies?”

Yolanda frowned. “Yeasty yogurt and yams. Yes.

Yeehaw!” yelled the youth.

You must hear my yarns,” Yolanda said. “They're about Yankees yearning for youth.”

Yeah, y'okay. YOLO. Yams, yogurt and yolks: we'd do anything.”

The youth yielded and Yolanda began, a yeoman of yesterday. The youth yawned, yielding to sleep.

You're welcome, yokels,” Yolanda. “Silence at last.” Yolanda's yin rejoiced.

[A drabble is a story in exactly 100 words.]

6 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

I know you'll think me mad but this reminds me of a Margaret Atwood dystopian tale! Could this be the fragment of a larger story peeking through? Think on it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She bored them to sleep - that works!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Oh Yellow Yarrow is so pretty. I love saying Yo! I will do this all day in honor of you.

Liz A. said...

Ah, youth...

J Lenni Dorner said...

Stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015! Don't forget our after party. The Reflections Linky List will open on Monday May 4th.
Great post. Impressive abmount of Y!
J @JLenniDorner

Helena said...

You worked in "yokels" and "yammering," which makes me happy. Well done.