Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Antics

Airborn armadillo
Advancing amusement is awesome, but sometimes it requires a plan. For mischief, shenanigans, artful avoidance of order... When we are strategizing for silliness, what we need is antics. Add an armadillo to the art show. Aim a squishy arrow into the angry audience. Allow auditory interpretation after hours at the orchestra. Anthropomorphize an arbor. Suggest an aardvark as administrator. Audition ants for a teeny tiny play. Answer anyone's phone conversations. Accept an advance with an amorous animal noise. But never never ever argue with an attorney or an anarchist. There are antics and there is insanity.


And for the Insecure portion of this post...

(As part of Insecure Writer's Support Group)

Also Appearing

I wrote a book by this title a little over a year ago. It is about a teenage girl who feels like a bit player in her own life. Adult me is feeling like this right now and I can't seem to shake it. I have a few good friends getting HUGE opportunities--giant book deals. And I just can't even see the path. I thought I knew the steps, but the path seems to have flooded.  I will get back to it, but at the moment I feel very much like I am slipping and sliding with no ability to see the next place to put my foot...

If you'd like to join A to Z fun, or visit the others participating, the full list is here.
And if you'd like the list of Insecure Writers or to join us in the future, go here.

27 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I've never seen an armadillo look so agile! We have so few here that sadly the ones I usually see are dead on the road...

Publishing is in such a state of flux right now. I just took my Southern Quilting series to self-pub since they asked me to explore an e-only deal for book 6. The nice thing is there are many different ways to get where we want to be and different approaches we can try!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

And I like the way your site looks! Nice redesign!

Misha Gerrick said...

Thanks for the amusing post. Enjoyed it.

I totally understand what you mean, feeling like the path to publishing success is flooded. I'm there right now.

Sheila Siler said...

Love armadillos! What a fun post, thanks!

Anonymous said...

1.) Breathe.
2.) Take little steps

If you look at the winding path, it'll look like it might take forever. But just put one (imaginary writing) foot after the other. You'll get there. If you keep working and keep writing, it's bound to happen. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I understand where you are coming from. The path ahead frequently feels saturated with setbacks and wrong turns. Hang on and keep moving forward one step at a time.
Elizabeth Hein - Scribbling in the Storage Room

Anything and Everything Paranormal Blog said...

Fun and neat post. Thanks.

Nick Wilford said...

Thanks for the chuckle, looking forward to more!

If the path is flooded, then just keep swimming.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Hang on, Hart. You will find your way back to the path. Or you'll find a new path. Either way, you'll be fine. :)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Your posts are always entertaining!

You're a writer pro, don't forget that and get back to work. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your path will appear again, Hart - believe!

aparna adhikari said...

Nice post..

http://aparnaadhikari.blogspot.in/2015/04/attitude-awareness-action-key-to-success.html

Sarah Ahiers said...

I think you're still on the path, it's just gotten a little foggy. But the fog will clear and things will look bright again.

Also, let's remember, kids, that armadillos can be carriers of leprosy.

Elodie said...

Armadillos! :) Now I have the episode of Friends in my head and smiling (so thank you!). All paths are different, crossing my fingers yours has a ray of sunshine on it soon!

Melanie said...

Love your armadillo picture!

Helen Hollick said...

what a fun post - and a fun event!

Helen Hollick said...

what a fun post - and a fun event!

Chrys Fey said...

Look at all of those A's! What a fun post. And I love that armadillo picture. :)

Michelle Wallace said...

An amazing, alliterative-styled, A-post at your abode today!
I also love the word shenanigans! It's cheeky and implies all sorts of mischief!
Really fun!
Writer In Transit

L. Diane Wolfe said...

LOL - I'm ready for some silly antics.

M Pax said...

I could use a dose of antics. I see you had much fun with the letter A. :) Untethered Realms

CA Heaven said...

I certainly AGREE, except regarding the phone. I usually keep my cellphone one silent and hardly ever answer, simply because I dislike talking on the phone. Thanks God/Satan for SMS and E-mail >:)

Cold As Heaven

Unknown said...

What a fun post. Well, at least the first part. I think you need a hug ! ((( Hart))) I am sure you will find your way back to the starring role in your life. Until then, keep watching out for acrobatic armadillos.

Christine Rains said...

Holy A words, Batman! Fantastic post. Good luck this month. :)

Ella said...

Great A's!

Keep at it, Hart! And get out of the tub-you are parboiled! You will find your footing again~

Jan Morrison said...

You ain't alone my friend! Love that armadillo...

virginiaallain said...

This was a fun read. Keep on writing.
I belong to that Insecure Writers group on FB too.