Saturday, April 18, 2015

P is for Prat


Pious Peter paged Peggy with his printer problem. Peggy put paper in the printer. Penelope pointed out that Peter was pathetic. “Paper is a primary problem. Any plebe can put paper in a printer.” Practical Peggy paltry attention. A psychic reading was pending.

Priya the psychic took Peggy's palm. “Peter is a prat,” she said.

Peggy peered over a pince-nez, probing Priya.

Peter is prone to posturing and pedantics.

Pedantic prats are a pestilence. Putting power in their palms is a problem. But pathetic people are permitted a path to peace provided they put posturing aside.”

[A drabble is a story in exactly 100 words]
[behold pathetic people and stop posturing, though of course these people rarely know who they are, so never mind]

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Wow... that's a lot of p's and also amazing to get exactly 100 words. Good job :)

Tamara Narayan said...

Prat. What a fantastic insult. I should start using that one more, I mean, maybe my characters should. I don't insult people, um, out loud, unless they drop heavy things on my feet.

I do feel sympathetic toward Peter. My printer . . . I don't even know where to start. It's possessed. That's the only plausable explanation.

Tamara Narayan said...

Prat. What a fantastic insult. I should start using that one more, I mean, maybe my characters should. I don't insult people, um, out loud, unless they drop heavy things on my feet.

I do feel sympathetic toward Peter. My printer . . . I don't even know where to start. It's possessed. That's the only plausable explanation.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I enjoyed your drabble! Unique and fun.
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

Jan Morrison said...

Puuuurfect!

Nick Wilford said...

Prat is a great word. Very British!

Helena said...

I loved how you used the word prat. There was a touch of wisdom to this story!

V.L. Jennings said...

Any Plebe can put paper in a printer..... yeah AND at this I couldn't read the rest of the tongue twister straight because I was laughing so hard!