Friday, January 11, 2013

3 Days: Can we Panic NOW?

Yes. Now we panic.

Wait. Have I lost you? The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest opens in 3 days. Between now and then I need to:

Finish 43 pages of my OWN edit.
Incorporate Leigh's feedback
Incorporate Helena's feedback on the excerpt

Clean up the pitch... Thank you SO MUCH everyone who gave feedback! I really think I've got what I need to polish this puppy til it's fluffy! (and by fluffy, I mean fabulous).

FORMAT the excerpt (it is pasted, and so you need to manually add double spacing between paragraphs, not a HUGE ordeal, but with 15 pages or so, it takes time).

My PLAN *Buwahahahahahahaha* is to do the first today, the second two Saturday and the last two Sunday.

In the meantime, let me amuse you...

   
The ever ellusive Push-me-pull-llama
Not bad advice...
Glad my kids aren't the only ones...

It's true...

*snort*

And finally...
Funniest thing I saw this week...

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can do it, Hart!
Like the last two. And no one uses their phone as a phone anymore either.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Go, Hart, Go.

T

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Good luck with the ABNA, Hart!! I'm sure you are gong to RAWK!

Stina said...

Love the cat and the hummingbird pics. Too funny!

Good luck on the contest, Hart. I've never entered, but I know the pitch is a killer.

Alison DeLuca said...

Ah, so the Alternet ABNA writer's bubble, fueled with caffeine and panic, is headed your way. BEST OF LUCK!

I really loved your concept. Crossing all appendages for you!

Sarah Ahiers said...

HAH! LOVED the last one!
And super good luck with ABNA! I'll be cheering you on!

jack welling said...

Pulling for you. What great material!

All in your camp. Knock 'em dead. (as it were)


J

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You can do it! Good luck with ABNA. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the ABNA!

Each year I tell myself I won't get nervous about it, won't check the forums obsessively, won't hit refresh a zillion times waiting for the results to be posted....but I do anyway! LOL

Arlee Bird said...

You'll do it! We know you will!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Jocelyn Rish said...

Best of luck to you - sending you speedy editing vibes!

I've done the math on mine, and I'm not going to make by the 14th. Here's hoping the window stays open long enough. But even if it doesn't, the deadline was exactly what I needed to get my rewrite back on track, so I won't be too heartbroken.

Helena said...

You can do it, Hart! Just don't sleep this weekend. (Seriously, you'll do it and sleep well.)

I love the 1950's question. The answer is so true.

Johanna Garth said...

I'll be rooting for you in ABNA!

Hannah said...

Good luck, Hart!!! Do it do it do it!!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Thanks for the LOLs - good luck!

Misha Gerrick said...

You can so do this! Good luck.

:-D Love the funny pics.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

I like that last one too!

You can do it all, I've seen you do it before.

Kathy M.

Tamara said...

I'm really glad I know someone who is so knowledgeable about this. I've been over on Amazon reading your thread.

I also wanted to tell you (I commented on the post below but forgot to mention) that I ADORE the concept of your book. It sounds really great!!

I hope you do really well in the contest and thanks for the funny pics!!

Shaharizan Perez said...

Go girl Go! You will do it like always. Good luck on the Amazon Entry. I'm rooting for you!

Love the last one. I see this all the time on Facebook and wonder about the odd fascination with worshiping cats and the unnecessary drama between complete strangers.

LTM said...

You can do it!!!!! I've got total faith in you because you're awesome.

*grabs hands* <3