Friday, December 30, 2016

2017 Fitness Plan


The Problem: I am at least 100 pounds overweight (gads that sounds scary) and everything I've tried in the last decade has not worked.

The OTHER Problem: I need to work on my core and flexibility.


So here is the plan:

Eating: I am on my own 5 nights a week now. I am working out a 2 week rotation for a meal plan that will use weight watcher points, but also the Type A diet (only approved foods for Type As). If I am eating the same things and I have pre-calculated, then it should be easier. I will plan in a few slurges... number and size dependent on the calculations I make for my plan. (I've done an initial, but I need to fine tune it with the exact points and Type A list)

Sleep: Get enough of it. 7 hours is hard during the week, but there is evidence it helps metabolism efficiency.

Cardio: Continue my walking. Add in 2 days a week of dance (I will be looking for videos, but may just find a good dance list and call it good.

Strength/Flexibility: 3 days a week of core (just 10-15 minutes... any recommendations for a video?) and 2 days a week of limb strengthening (lunges, squats, weights) and stretching (these will be my dance days—so two workouts a week to shake things up)


So there... that is THAT plan...

Any of you doing new years fitness plans?

4 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'm pretty much continuing what I was doing last year, with a rededication of sorts to really get back to it. I keep reminding myself that I didn't get fat/unhealthy overnight, so I'm not going to get thinner/healthy overnight either. :)

You can do it, Hart!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Hart - good luck with your plans ... start tomorrow and keep at it - life will be very different come June ... new you (well newish!) and lots of writing done ...

All the best for 2017 .. .cheers Hilary

Jan Morrison said...

Keep going with it and don't get discouraged. As an old person who will be getting a new hip this year I highly recommend Essentrics. It was developed by a retired ballerina named Miranda Esmond-White and is used by many athletes. A very pleasant half hour a day. You can find enough routines on YouTube to give you an idea. It isn't a cardio 1totally strengthening but when we have extra weight it is tough on the joints. Love you to bits gal!

Helena said...

I agree with Jan above about Essentrics--great stretching and strengthening routines. As for me, I've had problems with the muscles and tendons in my left hip and leg for a few years now and have tried about everything, but--HALLELUIA!--I've just found a new chiropractor/energy healer (I'm not making this up) who's done more for my body and especially hip/thighs than all the other professionals I've seen combined. Just hope the healing continues.