Monday, February 22, 2016

March Madness Looms Large!!!



Hallo, fine peoples!!! It is only 8 days until March!!! And around here there is a tradition for March that we call March Madness. Unlike the ball bouncing, hoop throwing, foot tangling thing that is going on among college athletes, THIS March Madness is a self-defined challenge we set to kick ourselves into gear.


Traditional March Madness Projects Include:

* A major edit you want to get done
* FINISHING a book you started at some other time
* Finshing TWO books that are closer to done
* Writing a new book
* Writing a defined number of short stories
* Converting a project (ie, making a screenplay from a novel)

It is anything YOU make of it. We suggest it be about comparable in time commitment to NaNoWriMo, but that is ONLY a suggestion. Mostly what we want to do is give a little adrenaline rush to your writing and create a supportive environment for getting something done.

If you want to join discussions and such on the subject, I manage a Facebook Group, BuNoWriMo, where we can interact more easily. You are ALL WELCOME. Bring your friends. Bring your ideas. Bring some silly shenanigans.

13 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Hart - I'm glad of the lighter days ... and generally getting my act into gear for the longer days ahead. Planning and doing - ticking the projects off ... yes - to all of that: good luck to one and all .. March Madness - satisfying time of year ... cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I have to come up with a project first...

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I like that this challenge also includes *finishing* a book. That's where NaNo doesn't work for me, because I'm almost always in the middle of a book. Thanks for sharing this!

Arlee Bird said...

I could do all of those things you've mentioned since I am positioned as such. But I probably won't. Hopefully I'll get things in order for A to Z, keep dinners on the table at night, and get some organizing done. Oh, and taxes! Hate those taxes!

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a book I need to finish editing!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I might try this. Sounds like a good idea for a variety of people.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

My husband and sons watch sooo much basketball during March that I usually get a lot of writing done. It's a good month to set goals.

H. R. Sinclair said...

I'll join you in spirit (as I don't FB).

BB said...

I personally will be watching the bouncing ball and cheering at the big screen. I'm a huge basketball fan! Go UCONN!

Helena said...

I am finally, at very long last, doing the final polishes and proofing on both my Charity MacCay novels. The first one is done so now I'm doing the CreateSpace decisions and finishing up my plans for the cover. It feels so good to FINALLY be getting my two books out into the real world.

Carol Riggs said...

Haha, yesss, I love the evil Cheshire cat meme for "We're all mad here." So great. OH boy, I would like to finish my YA fantasy...about 1/3 done for now. That's my goal for March, BUT revisions for other books may interfere. So it may be my goal for April or May. ;o)

Crystal Collier said...

I'll be in deep edits for all of March, guaranteed. There may not be any Crystal left by the time I come back. True story. BUT, those darn edits will be done by their deadline! It's going to happen this time.

Yolanda Renée said...

Sorry, I'm not finished with February yet. But soon, very soon I'll think about March! :)