Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unblog

Okay, I got nothin' and it's Sunday, a day I don't feel obliged to PRETEND I got something, so I am just going to comment on my counter stuff.

I have my 45th country today and do you know what it is?  Azerbaijan.  How FREAKING cool is THAT?  I mean I am thrilled every time I get a new country, but I have a (possibly unnatural) attraction to the former Soviet Union (in fact all the eastern block).  I can't explain it exactly, but I think it is some convergence of that they lived with so many taboos, and were also so taboo to us, as I grew up.  And this particular little country, is so close to all the CURRENT conflict (which I won't comment on because I seem to typically offend my countrymen)  *cough*  okay, so I don't censor well... I will summarize it with this... George W. Bush.  Small dick syndrome. Enough said.


I just am so constantly humbled by how far a person can really reach with this nutty internet thing, and baffled that people from such vastly different human experience want to read what I have to say.

Oh, I know a lot of people get here by searching for naked tarts, cross dressing, and Chad Kroeger's sexual indiscretions (which I am happily one of *snort*) but I get all fuzzy anyway.  I love you Azerbaijan!  Thanks for reading!  (same to Serbia, that last new one)

10 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

So cool - and I know just what you mean! Weird and wonderful.
just your northern neighbor who is horribly not exotic...

Anonymous said...

You were also spot on at 1000 US visitors this evening - or is that just where the counter stops? :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You've got quite a collection of countries!

I'm not sure mine is so far-flung. Lots of people from Belgium, for some reason...

Elizabeth

Hart Johnson said...

Jan-You're plenty exotic! (an my family tree flows through Nova Scotia--the rebelious strand) sot that seems fitting.

NHF--I am ALSO excited about the 1000 US visitors! My only hesitation there, is I think people who visit from different computers count multiple times--I'm pretty sure I am three people... but I do love rolling over to another round of digits!

Elizabeth--that's funny--Belgium was rather late in my addition of countries... I bet you have one connection that's led to lots of others (like my Norwegian popularity) Some of it though, is my regular use of irregular themes. Anyone who has found me through a search that ISN'T related to me, has found me looking for nudists, cross dressers or tarts. *snort*

Unknown said...

My newest flag is Spain. My most interesting one one is literally labeled as "Unknown - European Union." Someone straddling the border, maybe?

But how do you find out how people find your blog? Some sort of backwards search? I'm intrigued, as usual. (Your blog tends to do that to me often.)

TreeX said...

I'm still just a single Dutchie, albeit with two computers on a single IP... I'll try to add a Hungarian hit for you in April though -- might also be hitting Paris in the days before that, but I'm not sure of that yet. I *have* in any case bought a diary and a good pen, as requested ;)

Patricia Stoltey said...

As ham radio operators we used to participate in contests, or work toward "Worked all States" or "Worked all Continents" certificates, etc. Now here we are reaching all around the world on the Internet and communicating like the best of friends. It's an amazing world, and I'm glad I'm here.

Natasha said...

My newest is Austria, and we know who that is (our former Burrowing pal). And I have a couple of flags from countries I have no connection with, and since there are multiple flags, there must be something that has triggered the visit.

BTW, I was planning to blog on my flags today, but will put it off by a few days.

Hart Johnson said...

Amy, the OTHER counter, above the flags, if you 'view site stats' shows how many views on a given day (week graph actually) but off to the side, you can see them on a MAP, and above THAT is a choice that gives the last ten viewers, where they were before coming HERE. If they typed me in (or have me bookmarked) it says direct hit, but some of the google searches that find me crack me up.

Yeah, Hungary is good! I think I have one visit from there, but that's all. And not a ton of French visitors--seems funny I'd have more Societ Union than French, dunnit?

Patricia, I didn't know you did Ham Radio--My grandpa did that, and it is a small enough group of people, that if you've been doing it for any length, you may have talked to him-he died in... 2003 I think--Merrill Hart in Moscow, Idaho. (his brother Lewis still does it out of Roseberg, Oregon, so far as I know).

Unoh! Natasha, don't let me detour you! I know you'd say something far more thoughtful than my thrown together thing! I'm not sure I HAVE an Austrian flag *taps toe* I know she's been busy though.

Anonymous said...

@ Amy - chances are your 'unknown EU' visitor is reading you from one of the EU institutions' offices... that may be deathly boring or incredibly exciting, depending on your point of view :)

Either way you have the honour of knowing your blog is more interesting to that person than running the EU... :)