Thursday, March 31, 2016

Madness Missing the Mark


March Madness Debrief

So on this last day of March it is time for me to confess... March Madness was more mayhem than majesty. I was the wrong kind of mad. The crazy as a fruitcake kind, rather than the crazy productive kind.

I did pretty well right up until I left for my conference... erm... which was the 8th. I had a good week. *cough* The rest of the month I got a fair bit of READING done, but nearly no writing. So I am giving myself a D for the month.

How about the rest of you? How has your March been? Are you ready to kick its backside? (I am, but that is a statement on the weather)


Ready for A to Z Madness?

And TOMORROW we start A to Z! Everybody ready? Planning was totally one of my March Madness tasks that did not get done. I also have 2 ½ days on our Parallels Blog which at least have themes identified, but I only have 4 of my letters designated and no blogs written for here... Never fear... I'll get her done. I never actually write until the day before anyway unless I know I'll be gone. But there may be some scrambling for coming up with the marketing tool of the day.

4 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

Well my March was mad! But not in a flurry of good discipline. Short-staffed at work, too cold for fun, and a family death with this home as the base of operations meant nothing got done. I figured out my theme for the A to Zed and have two nearly done as work means l can't wait as I usually do. I have ten pages to revise and that is my last revision until an editor or agent tells me different. I'm hoping this weekend to get that done. I'm a few poems behind on my 70 poems before my best friend's 70th birthday but feel as l hit the halfway mark like that is doable. So March not so good but April should kick ass (mine!)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you didn't get much writing done.
Since I'm also covering days on both the IWSG site and the A to Z Blog, I got those done right away. Yours will come together I'm sure.

Arlee Bird said...

You're probably being too hard on yourself. I'll bet you compensated on the plus side for any shortcomings you feel you had.

I'm not totally ready for April yet and today I leave on a week long trip to Texas that my wife decided to schedule for us. An unforeseen monkey wrench thrown into the works. Let's see...my wife or A to Z? I guess she'll be somewhat accommodating if I take time during our trip to do some A to Z stuff.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm glad my only A to Z participation will be through the IWSG site.

I did next to no writing or revising of my own work this month. Of course, now you know why.