Friday, June 26, 2009

Book Hook In Drabble

This morning I ran across http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com/] generous offer for all blog READERS to share their own story in 100 words or less. Since my own writer's group has a website dedicated to Drabbles (stories in exactly 100 words) I thought it was a nice opportunity to come HERE and both promote The Burrow (http://www.the-burrow.org/) and to share my book hook in exactly 100 words. When Mac Rawlins is recruited to a prestigious genetics program in a university town, it seems the perfect launch to his career and to raise his young children. The move however, is burdened with obstacles; his unwilling fifteen-year-old daughter from an earlier marriage accompanies the family, and when they arrive, they find a town with divided loyalties and strange undercurrents. Unwelcome occurrences begin to alter their lives one by one. Things come to a head as a grand event shakes them all and forces them to pull together to learn the real reason the family was brought to Clear Springs.

2 comments:

pineconegirl said...

OK, I'm interested. Grand Mojo and positive thoughts going your way down the publication road.

Hart Johnson said...

Thank you! I had a reality check this morning from a published author and finally believe I need to spend some time shortening it, but it will get there!