Monday, February 6, 2012

Resorting to Memes

I think you all know my mind has been scattered of late... there are reasonable reasons, but that doesn't make the chaos any less. I've decided in the short term, I think playing with a couple memes might be the way to go.

How is it possible I didn't think of this...
I'm not normally a meme girl. What. What's that? Are there people who don't know what memes ARE? (Is that even possible?) Well, for anyone unsure, a meme is a day of the week theme... We do them at Burrowers, Books and Balderdash, though there I think it's easier as we have eight of us, so we each only hit a given meme about once every other month.

But I've been thinking maybe that memes might help me make some sense of the madness in my life and head. I only plan to do this through February and March, as I know my attention span is limited and so that is probably as much as I can do on one topic without running out of steam, so to speak...

And I only plan to do the memes a couple days a week as I am not very good with rules and know I will have OTHER things I want to write about. So without further ado... here are the themes you can expect for the next little while:


TMI Tuesday

You know me. TMI is really a lifestyle choice. So I will rant, share, spew, spill and whine... but only on Tuesday. Mostly.



Weighty Wednesday (except on the first Wednesday)

The couch to keg program is back on. And I really need to seriously get to the eating thing...


Arriba! Arriba! Andale!
And finally, Friday Fiesta

I am going to TRY (and this isn't my strength, so bear with me) to keep track of my friends' successes and throw a little party for them—a raw raw if you will for the successes I see over the week. (I'd LOVE if you'd all help me out here—email me or leave a post here if you spot a success among our blogging community. My attention span is too short and I will surely miss a lot without the help.

So that's the plan. BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough *

18 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I am putting my hands up and admitting I am in the "what on this most NAKED of earth is a meme?!?!?"

LOL!

Take care
x

MrGoodkat34 said...

Woo! Friday Fiesta! :D

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Jan Morrison said...

unlike me who has given up altogether for a bit but yet keeps posting. gaaaah.
other meaning of 'meme' for your edification - Definition of MEME
: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture. (Websters) Why for instance does everyone start saying 'stud muffin' in the same year? Or why do huge pretzels become de rigeur? Various bread products are always in the meme zeigeist - one day it is muffins, the next bagels, the next cupcakes and so on.... There, now you have a bit of completely useless information. How it became themematic choices on blogs I do not know - just another meme of memes I guess.

Tonja said...

I think we'll keep visiting, no matter what you write about.

vic caswell said...

first off- THANKYOU for defining meme- i had an idea- contextually, but i wasn't sure what it meant.

second- love your meme topics! very suiting- i hate rules as well.

third- for friday, remember justine dell and sarah fine's big newses! :)

latergator!

Sarah Ahiers said...

sounds like a plan, girlie. Looking forward to it

Luanne G. Smith said...

I love that TMI is a life choice. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Thanks everyone!

Jan-I didn't KNOW that extra description! Very nice.

Vic-thanks for the heads up on newses!!!

Amber T. Smith said...

Looking forward especially to the TMI posts! It's funny... I have resorted to the same sort of thing too. I'm trying - once again - to blog daily, so I decided to do my Phebruary Photo's this month. And I signed up for the A-Z again and am going to use limericks as my theme seeing as they worked so well last year. In fact, I've already written the first three...

I think the antsiness (is that a word??) of taking part in ABNA has made me all writerly again. I've even started an new MS. Don't know how long this phase of writing will last, but I'll take advantage while I can!

Hope things settle down for you soo! *glomps*

LTM said...

ahh... thank you for clearing up what a meme is for me. I had absolutely no clue. And I was pronouncing it "mi-mi." So double win. :D

OK, then! The TMI and nakedness get my vote! whoot! :D

Hang in there, honey~ <3

Helena said...

It's so funny when you say that Tuesday is your rant/whine/spill day. Usually I don't rant on my own blog (I just ramble on and on, and I do whine), but I've gotten in the bad habit of ranting on other people's blogs, like Michael's at SLC Kismet because he brings up political and economic/social issues. Your rants are entertaining, Hart, while I fear that mine can be annoying.

Southpaw said...

Good plan.

Johanna Garth said...

Hah! I'm with you on the memes. One time I tried to do a "menu-planning monday" and I did!

Once!

Didn't really catch on. Go figure.

That being said, I'm sure you will do splendidly and it's nice to know what to write about somedays.

Colene Murphy said...

Love the plan! Hope it helps you sort things out in your mind!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Make it so, Hart! And Tuesdays fit you to a T. I assume there will be nakedness involved?

Abby Minard said...

I have thought of doing memes to get myself more organized. Plus it'd give me something to write about- too often I'm like, CRAP I have to write a blog post for tomorrow and I have NO idea what to write about!

Axel Turner said...

it's nice to read your blog..
I was new as a blogger..so, i wanna invite you to follow my blog to...hope we can share many things we need to through our blog..
thanks ^_^