Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Set a Date!

Book release?   Erm. No.
Marriage?   Well, no, obviously... since I'm already married.

Then WHAT, pray tell, did you need to set a date for? You ask...

The eating plan. That's right. It's Weighty Wednesday and that's what I've got. A date.


You see, at Meijer on Sunday, they had Paczkis. And I came to the (albeit wrong) conclusion that Fat Tuesday fell on Valentine's Day. I had visions of chocolate paczki sugar comas prancing in my head and thought, “Well that's how I want to go!”

But then I learned Meijer had just jumped the gun (and I would have to buy paczkis two weeks in a row) but it was already decided.

I may not 'do Lent'--not being Catholic and all. But what better time is there for a severe diet than when EVERYBODY is in the midst of denial?

So it's decided.

And then... My REAL blog today is over at Burrowers, Books and Balderdash where I am talking about the beauty of the FOOL as a story character...

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good decision, Hart!

Liz said...

I'm coming over Hart---I want a Paczki!
lemme know if you ever want to walk together. you know where to find me!

Unknown said...

Date with a Diet, sounds like a book title :) Good luck fighting the pounds.

Old Kitty said...

Next Tuesday is Pancake Day!! Yay!

Take care
x

Nancy said...

good luck. I have been trying to get myself to set a date for months. Glad you aren't getting married since that might upset your husband greatly :).

Talli Roland said...

Ah yes, Donut Day. When I lived in Poland, they used to bring all these donuts to class and sing a little song... Good luck with the eating plan!

Johanna Garth said...

I've never heard of a Packzi and now I suddenly feel I NEED one!

Ketutar said...

Never had a Polish jelly doughnut... Didn't even know what a pączek is. Oh my, I'm missing out! Here in Scandinavia we eat just "Fat Tuesday Buns" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semla - and even though those are really good - especially the way my mom makes them - isn't it interesting that mom always makes the best of everything, even when she really can't cook or bake? :-D

Alison DeLuca said...

Never had a Packzi! (Pazki?) But I bet I would love em! Ok, heading over to read the other blog now.

Tonja said...

I once got offered the early morning donut making job at Duncan Donuts. That would have been a HUGE mistake.

Helena said...

I never knew what a paczki was but now I want one. Pastries and cheese are my weakness.

CA Heaven said...

Tonight I had three beers and a great meal in an Indian restaurant. Not a day for diets, obviously. Maybe tomorrow, I should probably loose a few pounds >:)

Cold As Heaven

Tracy Jo said...

Those look so good! Setting a date is the first step...I am trying too. We can do it!

Ciara said...

Oh my, I really want one of those. LOL.