Friday, July 8, 2011

Harry Potter Count Down!

Because SEVEN is the most powerful magical number! And it's seven days to the release of the LAST Harry Potter Movie... which is the last last—it's not as big a deal as the last book, but it's a pretty big freaking deal, not least because it is something my 16 and 12 year old are excited to do WITH ME!

So I thought I'd go over my favorite SEVENS IN THE SERIES...



Seven Potters!

This one I loved because because it was a Chapter Title released before Deathly Hallows and it caused a great deal of speculation, but I ESPECIALLY love that when it came about... there was cross dressing... Fleur and Hermione had to put on BOYS clothes!


Source
Seven Horcruxes!

Or is it seven SOUL slivers? That would make it SIX horcruxes! ACK! Oh, MAN this gave us a lot of debate... years of debate... TWO years of debate... I loved that! And we carried it on for ages... especially the extensive debate about whether Harry was or was not a horcrux himself... we had teams: HIAH (Harry is a Horcrux) and HINAH (Harry is NOT a horcrux) And then there was the large sitting on the fence contingent...


Source

Seven Weasley Childings

Oh, MAN, I loves those Weasleys... except maybe Percy, but Percy even led to some good story lines... one of my FAVORITE in fact... the dangers of trusting authority figures! But I love the Weasleys in the mass of all the disfunctionality in the Potterverse. They are the only family with the kind of love they have—sometimes overbearing and too much, but always unconditional.


And now it is seven days to the end... and that makes me sad, even while I am SO EXCITED!

So that's what I got... beside passing on the decree that it has been declared naked July, so dress accordingly.

Have a great weekend, peeps!

17 comments:

Trisha said...

Harry Potter is awesome, and I love those Weasley twins - esp. the movie versions, they are so sexy!! hehe

Raquel Byrnes said...

So excited for this one. Maybe more than my daughters. Of course we have to go to the midnight opening...for them, of course. :P
Edge of Your Seat Romance

dolorah said...

Seeing Harry taking off a bra was was genius. Why can't I write such natural humor?

I was a bit disappointed with the Part 1 rendetion, but I have pretty high hopes for part two. I know all the excitement will shine through.

..........dhole

Jessica Bell said...

I think once this last installment is done I might have to see them all. Never read the books. Might have to do that too :o)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Reviewers are saying it doesn't disappoint, either!

RosieC said...

Oh, man, me too! Great countdown. We're making a girls' day out of it by watching the first #7 at a friend's house, eating dinner, and then going to a late night showing of 7.2. Can't WAIT!

Sarah Ahiers said...

oh man, i can't believe it's only 7 days away! I really need to buy my tickets this weekend

Old Kitty said...

I have my birthday suit on already!! Yay!! Take care
x

VR Barkowski said...

You can never have too many Potters. Thrilled about Naked July. It's too hot to wear clothes.

Dawn Ius said...

*wipes brow* Ok, I am so glad I saw Jessica Bell's comment before I posted mine out of fear of being flogged :-) I have not read a Harry Potter book or seen a Harry Potter movie. Now that the "end" is near, I shall have to reconsider...

Hart Johnson said...

Trisha-I am with you on those Phelps boys! I have a thing for long and lanky. In the books though, I always pick Bill... the hot Weasley *teehee*

Raquel-yeah, my kids are excited, but nothing compared to me! I've had Potter fever for about 10 years now.

Donna-humor is such a funny thing, isn't it? Much harder to do intentionally than if it just pops in.

Jessica-Oh, honey, you HAVE to readd these books! though honestly, I know you are a language girl. Rowling uses deceptively simple language, and until you read them and look back, you MAY not spot how BRILLIANT it was. I love that, as it make it accessible on many levels. But her SUPER strength is in plotting and character... and weaving in mythology... and humor (even in a lot of dark stuff)... did I mention plotting?

Alex-I'm so glad. Best decision made for these movies was splitting the last in 2. I think 4-7 ALL could have stood to be split.

Rosie-we are actually taking my daughter's laptop to the theater to watch 7.1 while we wait.

Sarah-can you still GET tickets?! HURRY! I ordered them the 25th of June and we had to get 12:20 seats...

Jenny--YAY! And that is canon now... being Naked is HP canon! *nods*

VR-exactly! AND exactly!

Dawn-oh, you really need to read them! See my comment back to Jessica! These books changed my life. I'm serious.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I think you're a little excited and I don't blame you!

Harry Potter is brillantly written.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Naked is the only way to go in this hot and humid weather.
Granddaughter(20) is visiting family in Milwaukee. She called to say she's having a ball an panning our final Happy Potter Day as well. Made my heart swell :)

Unknown said...

Harry Potter again...LOL! One of these days I will have to see what everyone is raving about. I think I will just have to have a Harry Potter Marathon and invite all my witch and warlock friends. As to being Naked in July...I would freeze to death over here, no kidding I am so tired of this cold and rain!

Luanne G. Smith said...

I've heard there are lots of movie marathons taking place this week -- people watching an HP movie a night until the big finale. I don't think it will disappoint.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Can't wait to see the movie! Absolutely loved the book.:) And thanks for nudging my memory a little bit--the plot is coming back to me (a good thing!)

Hart Johnson said...

Teresa-teehee--I know, right?

Mary-oh, the granddaughter plans sound fabulous!

Siv, you have to read them all!!!

LG-my kids are doing that. I've been watching one a week, as I don't have full days to give up.

Elizabeth-I really want to read them all again!