Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dog (Cat) Blog (Awards)

First I need to remind you IT'S THURSDAY!!! WAHOO!

And so what we really need on a Thursday is ALWAYS a little nakedness and a little delusion, but I also have gotten a couple blog awards recently and want to be sure to pass them off before they get completely lost in the abyss of my mind.


Things I Say to My Pets that I would be MORTIFIED if anybody knew...


Meow? Who says that?


Puddy tat need a drinky winky?

Do you have to go puppy potty?  Are you Mr. Puppy Potty?

Who's a good boy?  He's so NICE!

Hey da pooder doodikins!
(or the variation) Hoo da doo pooder doody

Look adatummy!

The Joel Song (we sing this on walks)
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel
Once there was a silly willy dog, and his name was Joel B Bowl
He was such a silly nilly dog, and we called him Joel B Bowl
Joel Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl, Billy Billy Bowl Joel Joel

Everybody need their tummy rubbed!

Everybody likes their butt scratched!

Oooooh!  Mister itchy bottom!  Does that feel good?


So there you have it.  If you tell anybody, I might have to kill you.



And On to BLOG AWARDS! WAHOO!

Before I dive in, I want to give a disclaimer... while every award I GIVE is deserve, there are surely dozens I SHOULD give, that because I do things last minute, I have neglected... so I apologize for flying by the seat of my pantslessness, because worthy blogs will surely be forgotten.

The first one I got was from Mari. The Sugar Doll Award is for blogs (bloggers) who just cheer us up. Mari also broke the all-girl tradition and I LOVE that (always like a man in drag) So I would like to award it to:

Sugar
Erica
Alex
Jessica
Ezmirelda
B. Miller who would surely find this too girly, except that I am also awarding it to Alex.

Still... all these people cheer me up, between regular commenting and just being fabulous!


The next award, called the Awesomous Maximus, was given by Will.

And I would like to award it to:

 Karen Gowan. Karen is doing it all—sometimes funny and personal, sometimes helpful, sometimes promoting OTHER bloggers—and she is totally successful at it!

Natasha/Rayna It always feels just a little like nepotism to give Natasha an award (being my fellow Burrower and all), but she also has the varied content, is extremely interesting, and offers a perspective a lot of us don't get elsewhere.

Jan O'Hara who manages the UNIQUE trick of being useful and funny at the same time! Most of us have to pick our poison on any given day. Not Jan. She does it all.

Simon Larter I just discovered Simon recently, but I think maybe he is another of my twins, though of course I maintain my stake as the EVIL twin. But between digressions, bizarre behavior and good beer, I'm pretty darned sure he would be a fine asset to the Naked World Domination movement.


The third blog award is called The Versatile Blogger, and has a few rules that come with it:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. Thank you Ezmirelda!

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

*  I speak slowly
*  Contradictions please me. I like any evidence that life is complicated.
*  I first became a nudist at age 2 (I didn't like wet pants, so I just removed them)
*  I was once a gymnast (it's why I'm so bendy)
*  I've been known to cry at commercials
*  I secretly watch soap operas (the ABC ones via YouTube)
*  I got the best toys award in my Freshman Dormitory (I think the Crisco Twister pushed me into top spot, though frozen hotwheels definitely get an honorable mention)

3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (though I think I'd feel funny choosing a full 15 and not choosing everyone...)


Falen (especially Friday when we hear first from the dogs and then get FABULOUS made up words!)
Cheese Boy
Talli Roland
Creepy Query Girl
Killer Characters
Elizabeth Mueller
Will-Fatherhood and Other Common Terrors
Ted Cross
Charmaine-Wagging Tales


4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.




And then one (probably of many) that I was negligent on last time I did this. Journey Support is from Erica: The support award—and I would LOVE to give this to ALL of you, but I am going to award it to the early batch—people who I found early who helped me get my bearings and are STILL around and supportive.

Elizabeth
Jan Morrison
Natasha
Mari
Helen


So there we have it... Thank you to all the awarders, thank you to everyone who has been FABULOUS, and I'm sorry to people I KNOW I have forgotten!

33 comments:

Cruella Collett said...

Congratulations on your awards, Tami, and thank you so much for giving me one! Also, since you are revealing the embarassing things you say to your pets, does this mean I am relieved from my eternal vow of confidence any guests to your house are forc... - ahem - ENCOURAGED to sign? ;)

Jessica Bell said...

HAhahahahah I speak to my doggy woggy all the time like that! My little Holly Bolly Wallywood is my baby waby ;o)

Thanks so much for the award! xoxox

Old Kitty said...

CONGRATULATIONS with all your fab awards!!! Yay!!!

And now I know that you are very bendy and a nudist. LOL!

I love your kitty and doggy speak. The best part for me is when my kitty just either ignores me and or looks at me with that wise ol man eyes as if to say "get thee hence away from me you weird talking peasant woman".

:-)

I would get naked but it's cold here (British summer!). Oh and I'm at work!

Take care
x

Jan Morrison said...

congrats on all your awards my Tartlett! And thank you for mine - I'm happy to bumble along this weird path with you!
As to pet speak - why yes, I do. This is the song I sing to my dog on our walks (to the tune of Stew Ball was a Race Horse - Joan Baez)
Oh Hoagy was a hair ball
And I'm glad that he's mine
He never drinks whiskey
He always drinks wine...

and so on until well we get bored. But we have to sing in case of bears, right?
To the gals it is more like pimp talk.
"What! Only one! No goods no scratch ladies! If you don't produce you're outa here. No more excuses - get laying!"
And to the roo - only sweetness "You are so beeeyootiful and you're so gallant and you're so good to the gals!"

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Aw, thanks, Hart!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your awards!

I speak doggish to my puppies, too, in case that helps...

Hart Johnson said...

Mari-that contract HOLDS!

I love that everyone seems to use pet-speak!
Awardees, you're welcome!

OldKitty- I KNOW THAT LOOK! My current cat doesn't do it, but I've had a few who did. Dogs join your madness. Some cats won't condescend...

Jan--OHG--BEAUTIFUL song!

Sugar said...

Thanks dear! congrats on all the fun awards and thanks for mine. I'll hug it and play with it and brush it..
*uh hem*

Will Burke said...

Thanks for the award! I try to shake it up when I can. Are you really the evil twin, or the naughty one? It's not the 17th century, and ladies are allowed to be frisky and vajazzly without being "evil."

Hart Johnson said...

You're welcome! Both of you!

And Will, you are RIGHT on that clarification, but if I CALL it evil then everybody responds, "Oh, no, she's not so bad." See, I am setting them up to be shocked about how injustly maligned I've been! (never mind that I maligned myself) By then defending me, they become believers, thereby joining the forces of the Naked World Domination Tour! (it's reverse psychology *shifty*)

Natasha said...

This is the third time I am attempting to post, and I do hope I would be successful this time round.
Two Gorgeous Awards on the same day, and that too from one of my favourite people. My birthday has come a week early!!!
Thank you, Tami. And while I don't speak pet language, I can assure you it is ony because I don't have pets. My kids and I have our own secret language!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Thank you for my cute puppy award and for the very nice words about me and all the other awardees. What a very giving post! I love award posts (and I'm so far behind on mine I don't think I can ever catch up!)

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats on all the awards! That's great!

As for your pet phrases.... *giggles*

gae polisner said...

fun stuff.

i was a gymnast and bendy too. And started stripping at age 2 too. Now it all comes together...

Dawn Ius said...

I speak to my dogs and my rabbit regularly, but more embarrassing I think is that I speak to my OSCAR fish, Groucho. I love him!

Hart Johnson said...

But Natasha-the translations of your language with your kids actually come out to fabulous stories. When I translate what the cat and I say, it is STILL nonsense!

Karen, you're very welcome!

Thanks, Amy!

Gae--AHA! The source of our affinity comes to light! Bendy teens become twisted adults!

Hart Johnson said...

Dawn--you snuck in there on me! My best friend fish sat two Oscars and a sucker for about a year while their person was in transition, and we used to hold parties just so we could ALL talk to them! Oddly enough, one was named Bob and I married a Bob... I don't suppose that means there is another Groucho in your future?

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats on all your awards and to the other winners! Thanks for mine! You rock!

Deb and Barbara said...

Laughed out loud at the dog-speak! Got my first dog about 5 years ago. I swore I would never be "one of those". Now it's all "Come to Mummy" and "You're SUCH good boy" and "I love my baby boy." And that hiiiiigh squeaky voice.

But he loves it and I love him. So there.

Congrats blog awardees! xo B

Talli Roland said...

Yaaaaayyy! Thank you so much for the award! Congrats on all the ones you've received, and to all the other recipients!

And happy Thursday to you, too. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Thank you, Katie!

Barbara--animals can do the unexpected, can't they? I never did 'that annoying thing' with my kids, but the animals? OH YEAH! And I feel like a heel, because you were totally supposed to be on that list--like I said, my brain doesn't always work, but there should be a next time!


Talli, you're welcome and Happy Thursday to you, too!

Erica Mitchell said...

Yay! Thanks for the award and congrats on getting yours (especially the one from me haha) I um, sing to my dog all the time. I have to when I give him or a bath or he won't stay still. I found he has a deep hatred for the song "Lollipop" Now try to get that song out of your head D: Crisco Twister hmmm... I like it ;)

B. Miller said...

LOL "Surely too girly"... did you realize you rhymed?? Thank you so much! I will have to put this on my blog...

...and don't feel bad about talking to your pets like that, I often have long conversations with my cats in funny voices. ;)

Congrats and thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Whee! Thanks for the award, good lady! I may procrastinate blogging about it till the mountains crumble to dust and the last trump sounds, but don't think that means I treasure it any less. It's an awesome award, fo sho. (Hence the name.)

Also, why can't we both be the evil twin? You can be the naked, evil twin if you want, but there's no reason we can't both be evil, right? Right.

And I can see why naked Crisco Twister would garner you an award. I'd prefer naked olive oil twister (it's better for you, and tastes good too!), but either way that's a tiny slice of genius. (Did you read my Twister story, btw? It's linked in my sidebar. I have to mention that every time someone talks about Twister. Because I'm an attention whore.)

:)

Ezmirelda said...

Thanks for the sugar doll award. The pet phrases were hilarious *snickers. :)

Helen Ginger said...

Congratulations on all the awards! Loved the things you say to pets. Very funny.

Thank you so much for the Journey Support Award.

Jan O'Hara (Tartitude) said...

LOL. Are you calling me uncommitted and flighty? Yes, I think you just did, though you slipped it in with such nice words a less Tarty person might not have noticed. :P

Thank you again, Hart! I was just musing the other day I needed to thank you and a few others. You gave me an awesome sauce award a while back.) HOWEVER, my last award didn't save properly in my images, so I can't do eet. Perhaps this one will work...?

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations on your awards, Hart! And thanks for passing the Journey Support award on to me. I really appreciate it! :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

thanks for the award!
Also, even though you're on m y google reader, i apparently never "followed" you, so that's been rectified. sorry about that!

Hart Johnson said...

Erica-everyone's a critic, aren't they? At least he likes some of your singing!

B. I DIDN'T spot the rhyming angle of Surely too girlie, but I LIKE it! I was just thinking you didn't probably choose pink lace very often and that award is on the frilly side.

Simon, that's how I give out awards too--I'm sure I have several I SHOULD have passed on but now can't find evidence of receiving them! And okay, I yield to the two evil twins idea... we can probably find more trouble that way. I think the crisco twister board was actually covered in margarine, as that was what was handy the first time we played, but margarine twister just doesn't have the same ring, ya know?

And Thank you both, Ezmirelda and Helen!

Ted Cross said...

Thanks, Tart! I'll need a couple of weeks to pass it along and answer the questions, because I'm away from home and don't have a comfortable internet space in the rented apartment.

Hart Johnson said...

Jan--I somehow missed you in there before! I wonder if there was a delayed post somehow... damn blogger.

AHA! I see what happened--three of you were posting while I responded! A blogflux!

Elizabeth-you should probably get that one double or triple!

Falen-hey, no worries! Thanks for following!

Ted- I am almost always weeks later, and YOU have a good excuse! One of these was from May.

Charmaine Clancy said...

Wow a reward for popping in to visit! Thanks for the award - I need to do a catch up post with those as well, so thanks for reminding me too.
Congrats on all your cute awards :-)