Friday, May 27, 2011

Me-Na-Meme-Na



(Teep teep a tee-pee) (oh, sure, roll your eyes. see if I care *snort*)

You know... my BFF and I used to sing that together pretty regularly... Not surprising... we sang a lot of Camp Fire type songs... this one just happened to be made most famous through Seseme Street. But I digress...

On Monday, my buddy Michael, at In Time tagged me on this MEME, and it looked pretty fun, so I thought I'd play...

So here are the questions.


Do you think you're hot?

I'm on FIYA! (erm... considering I prefer to look at this as state of mind and all...) Note: I haven't probably been traditionally hot for a couple decades, but considering I view people who CARE about such things with deep suspicion, it is probably for the best.


Upload a picture or wall paper that you are using at the moment.

This is the work wallpaper, anyway



When was the last time you at chicken?
Dinner last night... we had chicken wings, so... spicy guys... We eat a lot of it (chicken, I mean) in summer, a lot less in winter, as HWMNBMOTI is our cook and really likes it grilled, but is pickier otherwise. We do the wings maybe once a month.


The song/songs you listened to recently.

Erm... does the muhna muhna song linked at the top count? And I drove to Meijer and daughter had left the radio on country... the only song I KNEW was Randy Travis's Forever Amen. Country falls lowish on my list of likes, but I still like it. Oooh... the Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme song? I've been playing season one in the background (via Hulu)...



What were you thinking while doing this?

That I am perhaps OLD to no longer be hot and not care nearly as much about music as I once did.



Do you have a nicknames? What are they?

Oh, yeah... In fact I could probably blog on this, I had so many... and I had deep feelings about most of them...

You know I am Tami in the real world, right? So my cousins did this near rhyming thing growing up and with them, I am Bambi. My aunt asked me a few years ago if it drove me crazy. My response? There are exactly 4 people (all men, 3 of 4 are related) who call me Bambi and I'm pretty fond of all of them, so no, I don't mind Bambi.

In Jr. High the mean rotten brother of a friend called me Moose and it STUCK with my best friend anyway (not HER brother--different friends brother--her brother is a good friend and DID listen). I always HATED it. I was self conscious about being large... she didn't get it. We fought about it and eventually I just sort of ignored how I felt about it as I believed she didn't mean it that way.

I had a one time boyfriend who called me Stilts. That was okay because he really dug that I was tall, so it was 100% good-natured.

My college boyfriend called me Nerpo (and I called him Gloppo) because we were those really ANNOYING people who were over the top with silly romantic goof-balliness. It was fun in a lot of ways, though it seriously pushed me to the dark side when I WASN'T with him (you KNOW how I really want to be dark and mysterious, ne?)

And then among my HP friends I have a whole slew of plays on my name... I am TimTam, Tamster, Tamkini...

And then there are my assorted Tart names... probably my favorite of these is Tartlette, because it is from Jan and Jan and I are soul sisters. I love names tweaked by people who really get you so they have a meaning related to the relationship, if that makes any sense. (it is my fondness for Bambi, too).



Tag eight blogger friends ...

EIGHT?! So many! So few!  Okay... this is absolutely arbitrary... people in my mind for assorted reasons...

Stacy at Frictional Fiction
Leigh at That's Write
Helena at Becoming Layla
Alison at Fresh Pot of Tea
Johanna at Losing Sanity
Michael Offutt at SLC Kismet
Jenny at Ten Lives and Second Chances
Abe at The Blog o' Cheese



Who's listed as number one?

Stacy the spaz... my buddy I spent last Wednesday with...


Say something about number five?

Johanna is one of my newer (via ABNA) friends, but besides being fabulous generally, she also lives in my heart city (Portland, OR) and I love how familiar it feels to read someone who THINKS like an Oregonian... probably seems strange to the lot of you, but I like it.


How did you get to know number three?

ABNA, but LAST year, and through talking THERE about blogging. I fell in love with her blog concept... living a year learning all the skills her MC would need... an adventure in a middle aged woman learning martial arts, multiple languages, lock picking, rock climbing (for the purpose of scaling buildings mind you)...


How about number four?

Alison is an ABNA friend THIS year, and possibly my first ABNA friend in the blogosphere that I KNEW I KNEW before I realized I knew them, as she was great about just tracking me down and telling me where she was.


Leave a message for number six?
Michael, you rock! I am negligent, but you've been persistent, and I totally appreciate you hanging in there with me while life is crazy so I could get to know you a little.


Leave a lovey- dovey message for number two?
Leigh, fellow Thursday twin (are we Thursday triplets now that there are three of us?) I have LOVED getting to know you this year... truly a kindred spirit when the friendship can run so deep so fast.

Do number seven and number eight have similarities?


Does fabulousness count? Because otherwise, not so much... In fact they may in fact be bound by their oppositity... one male, one female, one American, one Brit, one teacher, one office worker, one obsessed with cheese, the other with cats... one content NOT to write, one who'd like to... yes... bound by their oppositity and fabulousness, I'd say...

Okay, friends, have a FABULOUS weekend!!!

19 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Love finding out more about you! That's a *lot* of nicknames! And..I thought the same about myself the other day with the music. My daughter was shocked I hadn't heard of a particular band. "They're OLD, Mama! You should have heard of them!" Old=their music played 5 years ago. Sigh.

Old Kitty said...

Oooh am I bound most NAKEDly with Abe!?!? LOL!!

Awww yay for being so fabulously tagged and HOT!!

Aww and thanks for tagging me too!! I'm in love with your little baby hoglet!!! Sigh! take care
x

Jan Morrison said...

awwwwh tartlette, thanks!
I like all your nicknames. I'm La Banan (my clown name) jannie (Canadian Babes) Grannie Jannie Bananie (grandkids). When I was younger, a fave aunt called me Stretch and I liked that. I got called Twinkie in High School and I didn't like that cuz it was referring to my boobs. One of my dear pals calls me Jeckyl and he is Heckyl. All fun, no?
Have a swell weekend and let's hope for sunshine and lots of dough to come our way.

Alison DeLuca said...

I love Tartlette too! And the baby hedgehog. My daughter will melt over it, that's all. Just melt.

And thanks for the mention! So glad you knew that you knew me :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hart, you're never too old for music! Come on.
And when I saw the title of your post, the first thing I thought was "Oh, the Muppet song..."

LTM said...

aww!!! See, I was all snort-giggling about the Bambi nickname... (Bambi? Really? LOL!!!) and then you got all sweet there at the end. ((hugs))

and sigh.

I got tagged before w/this and I can't remember who did it... :p I'll post it Monday. Along with a "big announcement." sigh.

I think I'm getting old, too, b/c I'm the same way. Hot? What? Music? Besides iCarly/Miley/Beiber? sheesh. :p xoxo ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Awesome meme! I'm impressed with all the nicknames, though. My goodness, but you have collected those things! How does a not quite country fan know a Randy Travis song when they hear it? Anywho, love learning more about you. :) Have a good holiday weekend!

RosieC said...

Oh, how fun :)

I'm feeling a little loser-y, since I've never been one who's gotten nicknames. Not sure why. They never stick. I must be made of nickname repellent.

Love the hedgehog! So cute!

Johanna Garth said...

Yay, I'm tagged! I love that I'm your heart city friend and that I think like an Oregonian....come on, it was the Shaman post, right!

Baby hedgehog is adorable and so is the nickname Tartelette, kind of Frenchy mais oui ;)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh this will be fun. Thanks for tagging me because now I know what to write for Monday :)

Hart Johnson said...

Elizabeth-you are in the music vortex years... when your daughter reaches middle school, she will pull you in. (boys don't seem to need to share so much)

Jenny-You may in fact be bound by nakedness! teehee (he's a cute little hoglet, isn't he?)

Jan-I totally had not gotten all the banana references on your name before! Great weekend to you, too!

Alison-my daughter melted over it, too. Girls are so funny about 'cute' things.

Alex-and I DO still love music, I just tend to usually listen to it while I exercise.

Leigh-what? Don't I seem like a Bambi to you? *snort* You're in the same music vortex Elizabeth is...

Kimberly-I have FAMILY who loves the country, so I know that Randy Travis because we own it... teehee

Rosie-it's because you have a name that is sort of nick-namey already...

Johanna-I already recognized you as an Oregonian before the Shaman post, but yeah, that one fit!

Michael-happy to serve!

erica and christy said...

Haha - Christy told me we were "tagged" by a couple people and I had NO IDEA what she was talking about, so thanks for the tip!

This has been a crazy month and I've gotten no blogging done, but I'll be back in June! See you soon!
erica

Cheeseboy said...

This is so awesome. You did know I was British, right? I think I am 1/32 Brit, so we do share that in common.

I thank you kindly for the honor. Truly. I will do my best to try and make time for this meme. We shall see.

Stacy Gail said...

Damn you, now I have The Muppet version of "Muhna Muhna" song stuck in my head! @_@ Gotta say though, Animal really rocked that tune...

BIG kudos to your choice in background music -- LOVED that theme song! It always made me want to beat the crap out of something.

And dang it, you define the term "Pure Hotness". Remember, you have an avvie that says so! :)

Smoochies!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Well, Your Royal Tartness, I am so glad you stepped off your thrown and decided to do the tag....

I loved your answers. Funny I really can see you as a Bambi. I never knew your name was Tami. Where does Hart fit in all of this? Tami doesn't sound like a nickname for Hart.

I'm glad you had fun with this! I LOVE the hedgehog!

Have a great weekend.

CA Heaven said...

Interesting answers. I agree with you on the hot thing. Guess we're about the same age >:)

Cold As Heaven

Southpaw said...

Fun. That's such a cute wallpaper too.

Helena said...

Thank you, Hart darling! But I've been such a slacker on my own plan (okay, so I'm in the second year of it) that come this summer I owe it to friends like you to live up to my own claims. I love the Tartlette handle. For some reason I never got nicknamed by people except for my mother when I was a kid -- she called me Foghorn because I practiced Tarzan yodels in the yard.

Regina said...

These are so fun to read. I think that your nicknames through out your time are fantastic. I think we all get some type of animal name. My dad used to call me tadpole because we fished a lot when I was younger. :)