Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger Follows My Lead

[Whereby I display a delusional sense of my own importance]

I meant to blog today, but it didn't happen... You KNEW I wasn't going to yesterday... I feel like a disconnected slacker, but... at least I'm not alone...


So I really have to apologize for Blogger losing it this week. No sooner did I announce my pending scarcity and it FREAKED out... unavailable... And I just have to say... My Bad... Blogger obviously can't survive in my absence. I hope this week when I'm completely GONE, it doesn't bail on you permanently, but... it could happen... *cough*

On the positive side, it really helped ME, that if I wasn't posting or reading, nobody could... so there's that...




And in OTHER news...

THIS came Thursday!!! I'm about 80% done and LOVING it, but I will wait until I'm done for a real review... Hopefully wearing the boa didn't make Nick too uncomfortable...


And THIS: I learned (also Thursday) that I get an ARC for Harry Dolan's Very Bad Men! I interviewed Harry when Bad Things Happen came out—it was my favorite book I read last year, so I am thrilled to have gotten in on this ARC...


So my NEXT book is set too! I feel so important! I've never been sent an ARC before... (and Harry actually asked me personally if I was interested, which makes it all the more special)--he put me on a list for his publicist-type folks, though he wasn't sure who they'd pick. I don't know how they choose, but the interview I did had a lot of hits, and stayed on the Google front page for his book for quite a while, so I suspect that helped.


And then the visit with my cousin was fabulous—it was great to see him... I drug him to my son's band concert, but I think he didn't mind (and the middle school concerts are only 3 songs per group—band, choir, orchestra) and because the auditorium is small, they only want you there when your kid is performing (which means we got to leave early.)

Jeff spent some time taking pictures... mostly of Joel because he is a challenge... here he is with his summer haircut... (I keep asking to keep his ear tufts, but HWMNBMOTI never listens)

So that's what I've got at the moment...I hope you are having a great weekend!

17 comments:

Liz said...

those of us toiling the constantly promoting, blogging and giving away abyss of romantic fiction salute you in the Real World of Writers. hey, bring Harry to My Tap Room sometime. I'll buy you both a beer and foist my high concept erotic fiction on him! cheers and please remember me when you are VERY famous! Read Harry's last book in one beach sitting last summer....
(got another contract today though and a request--of course, it's still "just romance") you rock. We are humbled!
love
Et

Liz said...

guess what I'm really saying is "drag your fellow Ann Arborites with you sister..." I'll bring the BEER

The Words Crafter said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! And woohoo for good reads :) Have a great weekend/time off!

dolorah said...

*face palms forehead* So that's what happened to blogger. I should have guessed.

Hey, how's your book doing in ABNA? I see you made the quarterfinalists, but I haven't been back since the list was posted. Congratulations.

.........dhole

Trisha said...

Gosh darnit Hart, I lost comments 'cause of your absence! lol.
Love the pic of that doggy - so cute :)

Old Kitty said...

Blogger had such a hissy fit!! LOL!!

Awww great that you and cousin had a fab time - yay to your son and his concert!!

Joel is looking very good and thoroughly Naked! Yay! take care
x

Ted Cross said...

You could take a whole year off from blogging, and then since I couldn't access Blogger, I might get some work done!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you had a good time with your cousin. And if Blogger melts this week, we get to blame you, correct?

Laura Eno said...

I should have known it was you when Blogger conked out. :)
Cute doggy!

Lisa Potts said...

Aah, misery loves company and it was somehow satisfying to know everyone else was in the same boat with Blogger. I blame the connections at Wordpress. It was a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Have fun during your blogging down time! Love the pooch pic.

Unknown said...

And here I thought it was my fault, phew....glad there is someone else to blame :)

CA Heaven said...

Very Bas Men; that can't be a book about me >:D

Yes, I'm having a good weekend; lazy yesterday, doing nothing, waxing and putting away skis for summer storage today >:)

Cold As Heaven

Southpaw said...

How very cool that you get to read an ARC!

I hope the concert was fun.

erica and christy said...

And here I thought it was someone who posted a picture of christy and I that blew up the blogosphere - glad to know you had a part in it, too. :P

Finished TPoG on Friday - how fun, huh?
erica

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Too cool about the ARC! And glad the visit with your cousin went so well. Too funny--my son had a middle school bad concert last week and grandparents and aunt went! Must be the season. :)

M.J. Nicholls said...

Brilliant! I haven't been following this blog for a while, but books with "bad" and "gravity" in the title are reason to celebrate! Hurray!

Ketutar said...

Oh, it was your fault! Of course. I should have guessed. Isn't everything?

Anyway, I am sorry I haven't been around for a while, and I do hope you'll survive The Rapture and will be around a couple of days later. :-)

Hugs, and I do hope you'll be among the winners as well :-D