Friday, March 26, 2010

I'll Scratch YOURS

Periodically I pay attention to stuff. I've noticed I have several friends here in the Blogosphere who have book releases coming up, so I thought I would throw out a broad-stroked invitation: If you are

1)  A Tart Follower
2)  With a Book Release that has just happened or will happen soon AND
3)  Are willing to commit to my Naked World Domination Plans *cough *

Okay, maybe you don't need to COMMIT on that last, just seriously CONSIDER...

And you would be interested in Guest Blogging to promote your book, maybe get a little buzz going...

You would be reaching readers who are:

1)  The smartest out there
2)  Really nice people
3)  Well-connected among readers and promoters
4)  Naked

And Here's the Scoop:

She who'd write a Blog for me, must answer me these questions Three, ere the other side she see:


1)  WHAT is your Name? (Author bio)
2)WHAT is your Quest? Erm... Book? (pitch, blurb, cover copy)
3)WHAT is the air speed Velocity of a Laden Swallow? How did you find your way to publication?


If You are interested, EMAIL me with Guest Blog in the subject line, let me know your book release date, and we can set it up: hartjohnson23ATgmailDOTcom.


IF you are Chad Kroeger, Johnny Depp, Viggo Mortenson, Jason Isaacs, or Gerard Butler and you would like your back scratched, call me.  Addendum:  And the previously unknown but undeniably hot Clive Owen.

Acknowledgement:  I should thank Authors Promoting Authors for THEIR campaign along a similar vein, as it probably would not have occurred to me to throw this out there without them.  If YOU have a blog and are willing to do the same, they did a blog last week on the topic.  Check it out and sign up.

13 comments:

Not Hannah said...

Okay, I don't have a book YET, but I like this idea.

However, I am shocked by the omission of Clive Owen in your list of potential back scratchees.

Natasha said...

If I commit to your NWD plans, would you tell me how you do the scratchout?

And great idea this - your PR background showing up.

Jan Morrison said...

I can't wait until I'm qualified! And I'm totally willing to adhere to the third of the first list. And the fourth of the second if need be though not on my actual book tour. I want to sell books not get arrested. (see how I very cleverly didn't say that my naked body would frighten readers - that is me in full confidence)

Hart Johnson said...

*jaw drops* HOW has Clive Owen flown under my radar up until this point. That is one manoliscious morsel! I did not even know who he WAS (then again, I have admitted, I only periodically pay attention).

Natasha--you mean the strikethrough? It's one of the options if you do your blog under the...ermmm.... not HTLM version... that's all I know... And THANK YOU! I should actually give a lot of credit for making me think about this to Authors Promoting Authors--the recently have been recruiting for this purpose and I signed up there, too. I figure we're all in this together.

Jan-I'm sure it will be soon! And I've VERY glad to have a dedicated Nudist helping with the cause (I am possibly frightening naked, too, but the nice thing about the internet is we can all choose what we want to look like, yes?

gae polisner said...

I'm in a the naked thing. My book is still *coughs herself* a whole year away...*coughs and coughs some more* so it's probably a little early to promote. Other than the usual self promotion I'm constantly doing. And also the lame excuse to get naked (since when do we need one? Man I wish I liked to get naked like this when I was younger and really (REALLY!) should have. Where was Girls Gone Wild when I was 16? I mean, 18. Never mind. I should go.

I'd happily guest blog for you on my book, etc. but you'd have to swear in blood, scratch that, whipped cream, that you'd have me back closer.

gae polisner said...

>:( that was supposed to say, in ON the naked thing. I got so excited I coudnt type straight. Apparently.

Megan Bostic said...

Gae and I are often flinging our clothes off together. I don't have a book, but this is a great idea to help promote other authors. Hmmm, maybe I should do this on my blog. It would keep me from having to come up with ideas.

And I loves me some Clive Owen.

Hart Johnson said...

Gae-you were one of the people I was thinking of. You, Galen and Elizabeth are the ones in my head that I KNEW had books coming (i'm sure there are more, but... you know... only sometimes paying attention). HAPPY to have you blog twice! Maybe early on the ROUTE to publishing (--how you found agent and then with the agent, publisher) because we all want to know) and then closer to release on the BOOK to get the buzz going.

And I am THRILLED to find more naked friends!

*splats pudding at Gae and Megan*

Lisa K. said...

Alas, no soon-to-be published book for me to promote yet, but I'll be looking forward to reading about those who do.

Andy Leigh said...

Can I just be part of the naked world domination part? ... Maybe even just the naked part? I enjoy the freedom.

Hart Johnson said...

ABSOLUTELY! naked world domination tour welcomes all!

I've been a nudist since I was 2--my mother would put me in the kiddie pool int he front yard and the minute my suit was wet, off it when... MUCH more comfy to not wear anything at all... nothing itchy, nothing binding...

B. Miller said...

ONE DAY, I'll have a book to do this with! When that day comes, I will most definitely let you know! :D

Sugar said...

Yay nekey!! I love it..Writes furiously to get book done.. lol j/k I just started *sighs* I wish I were done already..*pouts* too lol..then runs around nekey!!