Tuesday, April 19, 2016
P is for Publisher's Weekly
Is this still a thing? I mean I know it is still a thing because I still get emails from them--the newsletter, but it has been a couple years since I opened said email...
But when I was first blogging and trying to polish that first book this was the MUST DO way of keeping up with the industry... then self-publishing had its honeymoon and there stopped being rules.
Well maybe there were rules, but nobody knew what they were. (Lots of people claimed to, but after about 2 years of chasing them I learned they were ever-changing so there was no point learning them until it was time to apply them).
* So back to Publisher's Weekly...
* Has anyone had success from either following advice, crumbs, or news from this source lately?
* How? What is the best way to use it?
* If not, has anything replaced it as the MUST READ industry source?
* Where do y'all get your publishing news from?
ALSO: I am over on the Parallels blog today talking about my favorite villain: Pharma.