Saturday, April 16, 2016
N is for Newsletter
Do you have any idea how much I hate this topic? If you've been here before, you may know my philosophical problem with Newsletters. Okay, not so philosophical. I don't like receiving them, so I have trouble with the idea of putting one out. See, they stress me out. I feel like I ought to read them, but would really prefer to seek information at my leisure instead of having it arrive in my in box.
But I've been told a thousand times authors need to do this.
So help me.
* Please provide a convincing argument that will make newsletters less painful as a philosophy.
* Any recommendations on which tool is best? (Mail chimp?) Others?
* Are there any chemical aids that will help me find this activity more palatable?
* How does one build readership?
* What is the recommended frequency? Is there a sweet spot?
* What is recommended content?
Anybody have any answers? I'd love to hear them!
Also... we have just crossed the half-way mark!!! w00t w00t!!!
And don't forget to go visit other A to Z bloggers!