Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ten Lame Excuses

On the tenth day of Christmas, the Book World gave to me...

Ten Lame excuses...
Nine procrastinations...
Eight Bloggy Squeeings...
Seven Activisms
Six Plots-a-Brewing
Five RE-JEC-TIONS
Four Steampunk Stories
Three Co-zies
Two Fabul-Agents
And the notice of a best selling book!

ignore the gloppy red one...
1)I'm wrapping presents!
2)There are cookies to make!
3)I have shopping to do!
4)It's a Wonderful Life is on!
5)I overdid the eggnog!
6)I ate too much!
7)I can't move. There's a cat on my lap.
8)I'm tangled in tinsel!
9)My fingers are taped together.
10)But it's Christmas!



Those mulit-purpose excuses can be used to get out of housework, gatherings you'd rather avoid, tasks you don't want to do... possibly even a blog you didn't quite get to... but PLEASE do not use them to get out of writing... In fact use them so you can write instead...

21 comments:

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Thanks for the excuses - may have to use one or two in the near future ;-)

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I dunno, fingers tapes together is a pretty good excuse for not writing!!!!

Tracy Jo said...

I love...I'm tangled in tinsel! :-)

Old Kitty said...

The cat on the lap thing is true for me! LOL!

Yay for most NAKED excuses! Take care
x

LynnRush said...

NICE!!!!! Merry Christmas, my friend!!!

mshatch said...

I thought a cat in the lap was more like a rule, you know, like , if you have a cat in your lap then other people in the household have to get you what you need so you don't disturb the cat :)

Tonja said...

I need a cat....

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Crap, I can't use any of those excuses!

CA Heaven said...

Think I'll go for #9. Happy Holidays >:)

Cold As Heaven

Hart Johnson said...

Teehee--Thanks guys!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I have so many excuses I don't need to go looking for them.

Helen Ginger said...

Write? Write? But there are cookies to eat...I mean make. And, oh how I hate shopping. I don't like it at any time, but Christmas is chaos. Have I said bah-humbug? But it's okay, the bah-humbug will disappear once both kids are home.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

But there IS a cat on my lap! And he's heavy...

Misha Gerrick said...

And that is why I am sitting beneath my Christmas tree with my laptop. There's some rewriting to be done. :-D

Merry Christmas

Johanna Garth said...

Hah! We're on the same track today! I'm letting it go, making time for what's important. Like writing!

Tracy said...

AHAHA!!!
love it and now I'll be singing that song for the rest of the evening with tangled in tinsel...

Megan Bostic said...

haha, 2 and 6 will work for me. 4 on Christmas Eve. Today was the first day I could actually blog this week.

Okay, back to the baking (and rewrite, and cleaning, and laundry...)

RaShelle Workman said...

ROFL!! Those cookies look so yummy. I haven't overdone it yet, but I'm ready. Bring on the goodies!!!

Sue said...

and beer to drink!

'n, then you just don't care about making excuses ;) 'specially after the tape ran out so the pressies are kind of stuck together with stick it notes - pours another beer...

C D Meetens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C D Meetens said...

I'm going to keep them pinned to a board somewhere so I can pull one out when I need one. Also, like Tonja said, I need a cat.