Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nine Procrastinations...

On the ninth day of Christmas the Book World... erm... or maybe it was the Internet... gave to me...

Nine procrastinations...
Eight Bloggy Squeeings...
Seven Activisms
Six Plots-a-Brewing
Five RE-JEC-TIONS
Four Steampunk Stories
Three Co-zies
Two Fabul-Agents
And the notice of a best selling book!

I have been trying very hard to keep my nose to the grindstone, but sometimes there are just some amusements too good to pass up.

1)  Go to Google Maps. Choose directions. A=The Shire. B=Mordor. Select walking directions. (thanks to Matthew McNish for this)

2)  Go to Google and type in 'let it snow' then watch. (be sure to watch for a minute or so, then run your cursor over what happens).

3)  Go to Google maps and get directions between ANY two places where crossing an ocean is required. (Tokyo to San Francisco is good).

Man, I love those Google boys and girls....

4)  Peruse Twitter hashtags and follow a conversation upside down.

5)  Open your email and commit to responding.

6)  Look in your cupboards and realize you need to shop BADLY and begin a shopping list.

7)  FACEBOOK. (my personal bane)
8)  Get started on cleaning chores.

9)  When somebody says, “Mom!” respond.


(And I didn't even GET to Procrastibaking, Procrastiknitting or Procrastinakeding) Want to break some of these and get more writing done? I am offering up my new favorite solution over at Burrowers, Books and Balderdash today.  It really works, so if you ACTUALLY want to get down to some writing, come on over. I'll put you in line.

7 comments:

Stina said...

Thanks for the procrastination advice. :D

Old Kitty said...

I love the snow on google! Yay!!

Er.. "MOOOOOOOOOM!!!"
:-)

Take care
x

vic caswell said...

heeheehee! procrastibaking! love it!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Fun stuff with google.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's really wild to see your house on Google Earth and try to guess when the picture was taken. (In case you need more Google distractions.)
And if someone calls me mom, I'm going to panic!

M Pax said...

Thanks for the google distractions. FB is a bane for me, too.

Helena said...

The Google stuff is fun -- thanks! But I have been so crazy busy getting ready for the holidays then getting a housesitter then traveling via airports and cars (always such fun this time of year) that I haven't been checking in on my favorite blogs like yours, Hart. And I'm so sorry about the rejections. Just remember that The Help (like, the biggest bestseller of the decade) was rejected by at least 48 publishers. So hang in there with Kahlotus!