On the eighth day of Christmas the Book World gave to me...
Eight Bloggy Squeeings...
Four Steampunk Stories
And the notice of a best selling book!
1) To me a quarter million sounds pretend... like it's not a real number. Oh, sure. I realize at one point my shoebox of a house was almost valued at that (note in dollars though, that is more than four years' salary so it STILL seems pretend)... and of course that pesky detail it isn't even worth that much... see what I mean? Play money. So in terms of HITS... but still... that's a really big number!
2) They have defined this as 110,000 UNIQUE views... now I get that that doesn't necessarily translate to PEOPLE—it is computer related, I think... so the fact I log on at work and at home means I am two (not to mention the dozen other places I've logged onto over time. Now I've tested, and I think ALL University computers count as the same, still, I am thrilled...
3) Also related... my Flag counter claims people from 187 countries—do you know how happy this makes me? That is more than half the world! (in fact if only real countries were counted, I think it is more than 80%, but some of the flags are territories or something...) I wish I knew how many the program counted total.
5) My most recent new countries are: Madagascar, Andorra, Angola and Timor-Leste (all in December).
6) It appears this number includes every country in the Americas, most of Europe, most of Africa and a lot (though I wouldn't guess most) in Asia.
8) And of course I am completely proud that my number one search term REMAINS Cabana Boy. *sniff*
Any of the rest of you geek out on your stats? What is your favorite measure (mine is the flags, I think)
So have some champagne and a swim in the pudding pool! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys!