Monday, December 12, 2011

On the First Day Of Christmas...

Oh, I know... I shouldn't start until tomorrow, but I have a guest tomorrow, and I have never really been a stickler when it came to counting anyway.... so we will start today and call it good...


On the first day of Christmas the Book World gave to me...


The Notice for my Bestselling Book...

That's what I hope for... yearn for... best sellers... I would love it if I made oodles of money because I could quit my day job and just write, so that's part of it. I'd love a coinciding movie contract, though honestly, the integrity of a movie is something I may or may not be a stickler about. If I ever write something on par with say... The Hunger Games... then MAN OH MAN will I care. That is such an amazing story (and I'm thrilled the movie looks so promising) so the movie really needs to fit. But for me, MOSTLY, the book is the part that really matters.

And sure... I don't want to stop at ONE bestseller... I want to have oodles of them... but that first one will be SO AMAZING... so I can plan it into my Christmas list even though nothing is actually published yet, yes?


If you could ask for JUST ONE HUGE DREAM for Christmas, what would it be?

15 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Bestseller status really doesn't bother me that much, BUT, if I could earn enough money from my books just to spend my life writing, then, THAT, my dear, is my biggest wish EVAH! Is there some sort of spell we can do?

Old Kitty said...

Oh lovely and most NAKED Tart!! I truly wish for your Big Dream to come true!! Yay!!

My one huge dream for this Christmas?
To win the lottery! LOL! How shallow is that?!?! So not NAKED! LOL! p.s. well it would help if I actually played the lottery...
:-)

Take care
x

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hmm...I'm kind of tempted to go with Old Kitty's lottery dream!

For my writing, I'll say that I keep trying new things and new series!

Luanne G. Smith said...

I'll go with mega best-seller, since we're dreaming big. :)

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I wish you the best with your Christmas Wish. For me, I'll take Jessica's.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It can come true, Hart!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

One billion dollars. I'm serious...that would be my wish. I could care less about anything else.

Johanna Garth said...

I don't know! Making wishes always worries me because I have a geniephobia where I'm certain that whatever I wish will turn evil.

Matthew MacNish said...

Same.

LynnRush said...

One huge dream, huh? Yep, I'd have to go with financial freedom. No worries, paid off house, no bills, things like that. :)

Hart Johnson said...

So interesting how we sprawl across this, eh? Don't get me wrong, I'd love the money. I guess I just don't mind the long road.

Johanna-I'm giggling, because my FAVORITE fiction plot is that 'be careful what you wish for' one...

Ciara said...

I'd love to make a living at writing. As far as my writing dream goes. I'd take JK Rowling status. LOL

Southpaw said...

Ya, that would be nice.

Helena said...

Me too me too me too.

May our dreams of bestsellers come true, and a life of writing PROFESSIONALLY and LUCRATIVELY full-time. Amen.

LTM said...

That! That! I want that one, too. Can we share it? :D <3