Monday, December 13, 2010
Giving In To Winter
Inside we are getting Christmassy, too. I made the Christmas stockings the year I had maternity leave after my son was born... my last great hurrah as a crafty person... I've never had the inclination to do a LOT of that, but I made that pattern myself... the satin lined, velvet outside... they didn't turn out too badly.
So why am I REALLY rambling?
As I write this I am crossing my fingers that they will declare it 'too lousy to leave home'. Why? Who would want lousy weather?
Only every KID on the planet!
As a grown up (by technical definition), I don't actually get a snow day very often, but I can still dream about it... So...
If I had a snow day today I would:
1) Bundle up and tromp around in it for a bit to pretend I'd gotten some exercise.
2) Take a long hot bath with my book to get my body temperature back to normal.
3) Check on my bloggie friends (I do that rain, shine OR snow storm).
4) Get out LEGACY and spend a little time editing.
5) Drink cocoa and complain about being out of marshmallows
6) Consider baking Christmas cookies but pass it up.
7) Watch a Harry Potter movie or two with my kids
All in all, it would be a VERY good day.
So here is crossing my fingers that by 5 am they've declared it too lousy to leave home!
Hope you are all keeping warm enough, or at least having fun!
1) Kids get a snow day. I don't. POO! It is 12 degrees (F) but 'feels like -6) (BOO!) but hubby is giving me a ride to work, thereby assisting in my slug transformation process, so that's something. I didn't want to by a slug-cicle.
go read and VOTE!!!!