Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Eve Eve and the 10th Day of Christmas

So historically, this is actually my favorite day... it is the same theory as Thursday... it's all about anticipation... I love ALMOST being on the verge... if you will. Tomorrow it is really on top of us, but TODAY, it is only ALMOST here. I love almost.

This peak of anticipation might be confounded by a family “23rd” thing... My family of origin has a lot of birth dates now, but when I was little, it seemed like most of us had birthdays on the 23rd of SOMETHING. (me included) So ANYWAY, happy Christmas Eve Eve, and Happy Anticipating!!!

It is ALSO the 10th Day of Christmas... and so...

On the 10th Day of Christmas, the Tart's true wish for you is, 10 Quiet Minutes
9 Aches from Laughing
8 Resolutions
7 Nice surprises
6 Inspirations
5 Brand New Books!
4 Old Connections
3 Second helpings
2 Christmas parties
And the patience to shop and stay sane!

This wish comes from the Christmas chaos. Crowds. Shopping. Parties. I hope you get in a little down time so you don't burn out and can still enjoy your holidays.



9 comments:

Ted Cross said...

Yeah, anticipation is the best, which is why Fridays are my favorite days, and Sundays are downers for me due to the anticipation of the coming work week! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm anticipating!! Ready for Christmas.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I've always enjoyed Christmas Eve Eve, too! :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

LOVE the anticipation!
I'd like this day more if i didn't have to work, though.
And for me, Xmas Eve is the better holiday inmy family (even if xmas has all the presents)

Anonymous said...

Christmas Eve is one of my grandsons' 15th birthday,
Great post.

dolorah said...

Ten quiet moments is a blessing :) I got last night and all day today alone, and I'm loving it. I love the anticipation too, but I'm sure gonna love giving my gifts to everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Like you, I like the eve of Christmas Eve best. You still have time to bask in the carols, to pick up that "How did I forget!" gift, and just sit back and listen to the carols and look at the Christmas lights! May your Christmas and New Year be the very best -- from one Michiganian to another, Roland

G. B. Miller said...

My first real break from work, although I have to go back in the day after Christmas.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Also, you are the 1st runner up to my free book giveaway contest, and your prize is a free e-book copy of my re-release. If/when you find the time, please contact me after the holidays via my e-mail (located on my profile).

Father Nature's Corner