Thursday, May 15, 2014

Seeking New Weather God


This man is an ASS HAT
So you know how here in Michigan was the worst winter EVER?

Well THIS week we had a real life, big deal 90 minutes in the basement Torado warning. Not ONE tornado, but THREE, and one of them touched down twice (so four touch downs, thankfully not where they did much damage) (and they got four inches of snow in Colorado and are having fires in California). I am declaring the CURRENT weather god incompetent and he needs REPLACING, preferable with one who is more mild tempered.


A little gender-bendy, too, which is good--impies balance.
Maybe Dionysus... He'd the god of wine and pleasure... Doesn't a weather god reminiscent of wine and pleasure seem like he'd be a really GOOD weather god... I LIKE wine. And I LIKE pleasure!













Add caption
Or maybe Demeter... At least she limits the misery to six months of the year...

Any suggestions for who ought to get the job? Surely nobody can be worse than the current guy...

12 comments:

Trisha said...

How about the God of Way Less Carbon Emissions? :P

We definitely don't want the God of People Like Australia's Current Prime Minister, I can say that much!

Hope the tornadoes don't cause too much chaos for you guys!

Meanwhile over here, it's like almost winter and we are still in short sleeves 'cause it's humid!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad no one was hurt from the tornadoes.
Too much wine and things might get wild though.

Sarah Ahiers said...

i dunno. I feel like Dionysus would make things all hot and tropical and moist or something.
Gross. No thanks.

And fist bump for nothern solidarity! At least the sea won't sink us in the next two centuries

Sarah Ahiers said...

*northern

dammit.

H. R. Sinclair said...

I don't know who would make a good replacement, but I agree we need one.

Andrew Leon said...

So that's that's 28 points? Or did he not make the extra points?

Jan Morrison said...

I think you should try out for the job! After all you like chaos dontcha? Just throw the dice everyday and see what we come up with. Here the bay is still frozen solid but it was over twenty today. Soon, or so I hear, the ice will break and then it'll get driven to the shore in big chunks straight up in the sky. Can't wait for that. Weather watching is a mug's game.

mshatch said...

Boy, I'm with you, Hart. This winter was horrible and long. I still haven't put my winter coat away!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I AM OVER IT!!!!! 40 degrees here in Chicago!!! WET, DAMP, WINDY.... WINDY.... WINDY.... did I mention it's WINDY?!!!!

AMAZING four tornados... Thank GOD no one was hurt...

AND YES, I believe it's MOTHER NATURE that needs a good swift KICK in the BUTT!

Helena said...

How scary for you! Here in Colorado I have friends who have their fingers crossed because they live in areas that -- for the first time ever -- were badly flooded last year. Now the snow in the mountains is so high the spring runoff might be... well, something out of a YA apocalyptic novel.

Stay safe, Hart my dear.

Tina said...

LOL, Hart. I vote for the wine guy. Wine makes everything better...
Tina @ Life is Good
On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

N. R. Williams said...

The snow is gone in Colorado. The tornadoes scare me and so glad you're okay.

I think the would god fall flat on his face.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.
Nancy