Thursday, October 11, 2012
Why I Hate Fall
Oh, I know. Yibus love it. You are going on and on about loving the crisp air and the colors and the sweaters and the apples. Go on. Get it out. But I DON'T LIKE IT. Here is my top 10 list of why:
9) Pro-Football. I DON'T CARE.
8) Grants. Every fall, usually in October, my day job becomes a bizillion times more demanding and stressful than normal.
7) Freaking CHRISTMAS decorations. For pete's sake, people. Wait until December for this crap. At least until after Halloween.
6) “Can I have...” My children get so NEEDY in fall. New clothes, activities, rides. Somehow in summer they are nearly independent, then come fall they are money sucking needy needers.
5) Dark Mornings. I hate walking to work in the dark.
4) Molding at my desk. In all fairness, this happens in spring too. A bi-product of walking to work in the rain.
2) Bloody COLDS. Every fall I get one. Man, I hate colds. The one I have at the moment is making me cranky and is probably the primary culprit for this blog.
1) WINTER IS COMING. Damn Starks are always right eventually.
Fall's redeeming qualities: Hot cider, Oregon Duck football, pretty leaves and candy corn.