Thursday, June 23, 2011

Best Birthday Present Ever!!!

JKRowling made her announcement this morning... It's COMING... I should let you watch HER announce it, but let me tell you... I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!


And because it is Delusional Thursday, and my birthday, and she made this announcement, and Misattributing is my super power... I thought I'd give a little history about JKRowling channeling me...

I began writing with fan fiction, right? (the answer is yes, in case you didn't know)



First channeling coup:

My first story, The Other Prince, detailed the life of Eileen Prince, Snape's mum. I'm THRILLED that even though I wrote this before the last book, it holds up to all but the most picky canon examination, INCLUDING that Sirius and Regulus's dad is named Orion and the Black girls' dad is named Cygnus... I wrote that BEFORE the release of the family tree. (my only goof is I made them brothers instead of cousins--that gross man Orion MARRIED his cousin--can you say ick?)



Best Laid Plans (sometimes go awry)

This was the second long one I wrote, and though I wrote it largely tongue in cheek--it stuck to canon anyway (I am wacky that way). It was written as an alternative 7th book BEFORE the 7th was available, and there is shocking overlap with how it turned out. The main highlights:

Page 4 uses the WORDS 'best laid plans' and page 11 uses awry
Nagini occupies the body of a woman
Snape was in love with Lily
Harry is a horcrux
Snape dies to save Harry


And then there is the Tart Coup NOT in BLP

Harry has a NAKED scene!


So you see... Jo and I have a long history of a mind meld... but STILL, I'd love to thank her for this fabulous birthday present!!!

I am off to the spa!!! (a gift from my boss)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I'm super excited to check out Pottermore. I think it sounds a bit like a reading centric, Harry Potter Facebook. Can't wait!

Must start developing a catchy Harry Potter-esque user name ...

Christine Murray said...

Happy birthday Hart! Have a good 'un x

VR Barkowski said...

Happy birthday, Tarty! Clearly, Jo has been planning this little treat for you for some time. And on Naked Thursday, too!

Rissa said...

Happiest of Birthdays, you saucy little pastry!!

Old Kitty said...

Keep channeling your NAKEDness to Jo-jo!!!! Yay!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Take care
x

Carolyn Abiad said...

Happy Birthday! And what a great present!

M.J. Nicholls said...

I haven't been this excited since Remington brought out that two-in-one potato peeler and Ladyshave. Squee.

Hart Johnson said...

EJ-very good idea. I will probably stick with Watery Tart, though Gnargles & Snorkaks is my HPANA name and that is fitting, too.

Thank you, Christine!

VR-I know, right? I think she pays more attention to the die hard fans that she admits.

Thanks, Rissa!

Jenny-I definitely hope she keeps it up!

Carolyn-I know, right?

Mark *snort* And I always took you for a Nair man.

CA Heaven said...

Happy birthday!

Maybe that's why I've never bothered to watch HP movies nor read the books; it's too few naked scenes >:)

Krista McLaughlin said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your spa day is fabulous! And I'm very excited for Pottermore too! :)

Hart Johnson said...

CaH- They are good regardless, but pretty much everything is better with more nakedness!

Krista-Thank you, Krista!

Ella said...

Happy Birthday Hart; spa induced fun sounds fun and you can get your naked on~

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday!
And Radcliffe WAS naked in a play a few years ago...

Michael Di Gesu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR ROYAL TARTNESS.

A day at the spa .... how appropriate you will be in your birthday suite all day!

Enid Wilson said...

Happy Birthday! I like JR naming the cyber world as Pottermore. It's useful for authors too, plot more!

Chemical Fusion

Deb and Barbara said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!
xoxo B

Unknown said...

Late to the party as usual, but have a great birthday and a wonderful week-end!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Happy Birthday. Pottermore apparently is just a game that interfaces with real life. You go online and hunt for clues and they lead you on a scavenger hunt for a painted stick (they call it a magic want--but really...it's just going to be a painted stick probably made in China).

Ciara said...

Happy Birthday, Hart! I'm so excited about Pottermore. I hope it lives up to my expectations. :)

RosieC said...

Hope you had an amazing day yesterday. Thanks for the Pottermore link. I hadn't heard about that yet. Looks super exciting :)

lisahgolden said...

Happy belated birthday!

I'm glad JK was on top of things while I clearly was not.

xoxo

Cheeseboy said...

A great gift indeed.

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Seems like your birthday week went well. I’m pleased.

Have another pretty week, Boonie