Monday, November 24, 2014

How I Miss You Blogfest


So today Alex, Andrew and Matt are hosting the How I Miss You Blogfest where we send out “Miss you” for up to three people who used to blog, and up to three people we'd really miss if they LEFT blogging... and then we go let those people know... a little outreach and appreciation, if you will.

You know how I have trouble following rules, right? Instead of 3 and 3, I am going to go with 4 and 1, so the total is less, but I couldn't do 3 without 4 for the missed...


Who I Miss

Once upon a time, before I was OUT as a writer, I was a super secret Harry Potter Fan Fiction writer under the screen name Gnargles&Snorkaks. In that little safe haven I was observed and encouraged by a few OTHER people who liked to write, and who thought I should write REAL books. Some of these fine folks joined the blogging world when I did, but they are nearly never around anymore and I really miss them...

So my missed gals are my fellow Burrowers who have not DISABLLED their blogs, but have not blogged for WAY too long:

Jess, Leanne, Me, Tara and Mari in Cardiff, 2008
Procrastinating Princess, Tara/Amber T Smith: Tara released a book and a novella, but life sort of took over. I still talk to Tara via Facebook, but I miss her quirky, silly blogs.

Giraffability of Digressions, Cruella Colett: Mari/Cruella finished her Master's degree, met a boy who has become important, and her professional and personal stuff just took over. I loved Mari's take though, on topics both silly and serious. She is from Norway with an international studies degree and has traveled widely, so she was always BRILLIANT at putting things in perspective. And always in a way that was open (and often funny) so people could really take in some heavy stuff. Even now, posting about missing her, I've gotten sucked into reading old blogs... man how I love her way with words.

Bronx Tales and Inner Musings, Shaharizan Perez: Chary went back to school (2nd Masters or EdD, I'm not sure) but to be a school administrator... all while working and raising kids, so she just hasn't had time, but Chary has STORIES. Real stories. Heart stories. And as proud as I am in her accomplishments, I really wish she had more time to write.

Coffee Rings Everywhere, Natasha: Natasha, my twin and the first person ever who told me I should write real books, and like my other friends, her life has just gotten crazy-busy. I see her so much less often than I did once upon a time and it's been several months since she blogged.

I wish life didn't so often interfere... and I am so grateful that SOMEHOW life allowed these ladies to all have the time to come together at least briefly so I got to know them so well...


Who I'd Miss... and by MISS, I mean the blogging community would IMPLODE because he's become so central to our nervous system... Plus there is the very critical fact he's not on Facebook so I'd lose networking interaction altogether...

Alex Cavanaugh: Alex is the heart of us. Really. I mean there are hundreds of you I really like and care about and would miss, but I think our whole network would shift for the worse without Alex.

And in OTHER exciting news, Tomorrow I am posting a review and Interview for Ted Cross's release of The Immortality Game—you won't want to miss it!!!

Now go see who some other people miss!

22 comments:

Ted Cross said...

Yes, Alex is amazing at blogging. I don't know where he finds the energy and creativity!

Thanks for the mention! Today is exciting since it's publication day and I can finally call myself an author instead of writer.

Cruella Collett said...

Dear Tami,

How I miss you too! I keep thinking I should try to write something, and then I keep not doing it. Thanks for mentioning me, though. Makes me remember how much I used blogging in my heyday!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I miss these bloggers too, since I followed several of them through you, Hart.

And I second you on Alex--definitely the heart of the blogging world.

Dani said...

I haven't heard of any of these fine bloggers. I may have to stop by and check them out!!

Matthew MacNish said...

Wow! You've listed some bloggers I don't actually know. That's pretty rare.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks, Hart! I really appreciate that. We don't want the blogging world to implode. Thanks for participating in our blogfest.
And I will be back tomorrow!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

They may not blog now but they were there when you needed them most.

Alex really is the heart of the blogging world.

Natasha said...

Thank you for the shoutout, Tami. I will get back to blogging and writing sometime. That's a promise.
Life has just got out of hand now, but the flip side is that I am gathering way more stories to blog about :-)
PS- I was asked to prove that I am not a robot by typing in a number- is that blogsphere's way of telling me it has been too long?

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Hart - I don't know your friends .. though others do I see .. and yes wouldn't we miss Alex if he wasn't around ..

Great you posted some new names for us - with promises they'll be back to blogging soon ... cheers Hilary

Jay Noel said...

It's fascinating how many writers I know started out doing Fan Fiction. Gotta start somewhere, right? And it sounds like you were able to create a tight-knight circle of support that continues to sustain you to this very day.

Very cool.

Alex was one of the first bloggers I connected with when I rebranded my blog back in 2011. It would be weird if he were to stop blogging.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I would quit blogging if Alex quit. I'm looking forward to Ted's book.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Ah! Cruella! I remember her. But i totally get the real life getting in the way, bit. I think that's probably the reason most blogs die

Margo Kelly said...

Yup, Alex is essential!

Amber T. Smith said...

Oh man... as if I wasn't ALREADY feeling guilty. *shuffles feet* But thanks for the shout out *coughkickupthebuttcough* Tami!! I never intended my blog to remain neglected for so long. *sigh* And I haven't read OTHER blogs for far too long either. I've slipped into bad habits, I'm afraid. I'll try to do better, pinky swear!!

Andrew Leon said...

I think, maybe, Life should take up playing football or basketball, where getting in the way is just part of the sport.

Anonymous said...

Great post, I think we'd all miss Alex and his helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Great post, I think we'd all miss Alex and his helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sherry Ellis said...

Alex would definitely be missed if he wasn't here!

Suzi said...

I guess people are always coming and going from blogging, so it's nice when you can keep up with them in other ways. Twitter or Facebook. Not everybody is on those sites though.

I think a lot of people would miss Alex if he quit. He's a huge part of this community.

Helena said...

It's great that you have close blogging/writing friends who mean so much to you. But I'm not surprised that a couple of them don't have time to write anymore. Who does? Life has gotten way too crazy.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Hart, I enjoyed catching up on here ... great interview with Ted; I liked reading about your friends who encouraged you to write books and about your tall boy's BD.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy M.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Great list. Alex is, indeed, the heart of us.