Thursday, December 19, 2013
In Which Time Fails to Materialize
Wibbly Wobbly, it may be, but somehow the stuff fails to show up when I really need it. I'm really not sure what I was thinking... the PLAN, as it was, was madness...
Which PLAN you ask? *BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA*
The one where I format the paperback and load into all the other formats in plenty of time to be available for Christmas...
1) I got behind on my timing of Book 5 in the serial, so was tangled in production when I should have been writing. This has set me back across the board. I THOUGHT I would be done writing 'all 10' by now... but I am NOT done with 10 and there actually will be 12...
2) I had a couple beta readers hit obstacles for reading book 6, so that is running a bit behind, too.
3) Formatting the paperback is more complicated than I thought.
4) The DAY job has remained SWAMPED. Normally I sneak a few things in on any given day because WORD (which I have at work and not home) plays more nicely with all those uploading programs (I have tried to upload books from home twice now and Kindle doesn't like my home computer. And with no time to steal at work, I haven't managed to do that other formatting, partially for this reason.
1) I DID manage to do my final cleanup of What Ales Me and sent it to Ellen.
2) I page-proofed Keeping Mum.
3) I edited Book 6 for 2nd readers.
4) I DID format the paperback. It is books 1-4 of the serial and available HERE
5) And Joris created the BEAUTEOUS full cover (front/back, spine... did you know dimension of spine changes with page number? I know that now)
6) And I've written almost all of book 9, started book 10 and plotted a couple character strands of 11... so getting there.
7) Got my proof copies (and ordered some promotional ones) (I will take a picture, but not probably until this weekend... I'm not sure where the camera is)
Still To Do
1) Shop, send Christmas presents and a couple gifts... (I know. Not a writing exercise)
2) Finish formatting for various OTHER formats (can you format for formats?).
3) Finish 9 and 10 THIS month (plot 11 and 12)
4) First Edit of book 8
5) 2nd edit of book 7
6) 3rd edit of book 6
7) If POSSIBLE (which I don't think it is) Publish book 6—this will PROBABLY be early January rather than December.)
So There... It feels an awful lot like I'm making a lot of excuses these days... hopefully my TWO WEEK vacation, which begins at 4 on Friday, will give me the time I need to finish up.