Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Insecure and Nigel Update

Hallo!  And welsome to Insecure Writer's Support Group!  I see it's been almost two months since I wrote a blog post. I have not really written other things either, though I did partially plot a fan fiction piece about Benjen Stark (Game of Thrones) since last time I became a writer it was fan fiction that got me started. And that's what I need to do. Become a writer again.

Life is still chaos. But as you can see, the kitty was found to have no home, so he is part of our family now. And LOOK at the transformation. His name is Nigel Nox Johnson. The vet thought the poor boy had gotten frost bitten, and the speed of his growth and the way he is about food makes me think he was starving. But now he is healthy, happy and neutered. (Can't win them all--sorry, Nigel).

And now to February's questions:  Besides writing what other creative outlets do you have?

Let's see... I like to color, but don't take the time very often. I can draw recognizable if not very beautiful pictures. My music skills are perfect for toddlers who care more for silly lyrics than tune. Oh, right! Misattributing!  That is my creative talent!  I can intentionally mishear something so that it becomes VERY amusing. Seriously, though. Words. That is my artistic endeavor.


So now you should go visit some other Insecure Writers who surely have more creative endeavors than I do.

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nigel might be missing some parts, but he looks very happy and healthy. You knew you'd end up keeping him.

Liza said...

Glad your kitty is doing well.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder about coloring! I have some coloring books and markers around here somewhere....

Nick Wilford said...

What a handsome boy! And Nigel is a fine name for a cat.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Nigel looks like a sweetie. I love black cats.

Tamara Narayan said...

Congrats on your new fur baby. I've seen some squirrels and a raccoon on our deck with chunks of fur missing and I'm wondering if that is from the extreme cold we had a week ago of three days with wind chills down in the minus 20 degree range. I hope they recover.

Andrew Leon said...

And you have a cat, which is a creative outlet all its own.

CV Grehan said...

I didn't realize misattribution was a creative pursuit. In that case, I'm a creative genius. Lucky Nigel! With or without his parts.

cleemckenzie said...

When the kids come, I love to color with them. It's meditative for me, but I don't think about it unless they inspire me with a tantalizing magenta crayon.

Happy home to Nigel.

Chrys Fey said...

Nigel is cute. I want to cuddle with him. <3

Diane Burton said...

Nigel is so cute. I have some downloaded coloring pages and I bought colored pencils. Then I forgot about both. Thanks for the reminder.

Melissa said...

Oh, wow! I looked at your previous post. That kitty has really filled out. Kudos for taking him in and loving him!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Your talent is words and pictures of your cat. You CANNOT go wrong with pictures of Nigel. I am going to start posting pics of my rescue baby, Hemi. He thinks he has some poetry and tales of horror to add to my pathetic writing, too.

Music with toddlers is the best kind of music - along with their interpretation of lyrics. Also, you don't have to become a writer "again." You are always a writer, even in a season of rest.

Jan Morrison said...

What a diddums! And I think the way you craft your life is both creative and ingenious.

Amy Keeley said...

Nigel looks beautiful! And very happy. :)

Words are glorious things and you use them very well.

Botanist said...

Nigel sounds like he's settled into his new home. Well done. Starting with fan fiction sounds like a good idea, if that's something that interests you. I reckon a workable way of getting back into the groove is to do something first and foremost for yourself, something with no expectations (or pressure) of pleasing other people, to get the words flowing again.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm sure Nigel has forgotten all about what he's missing. He is blessed to have wandered to a great new home.

mshatch said...

Congrats on your new arrival ;)

Helena said...

I'm so glad your kitty found such a great home and he's out of the cold! And I'm really glad you're going to start writing again Hart. That'll be so good for you and for readers, 'cause we need your warmth and wry take on life.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Mishear something and repeat back. That's my specialty. You should see my kids' expressions when I repeat them. Haha!