Monday, May 22, 2017

Are You Ready to BuNo!?



Say WHAT?

June is the month my writing group does BuNoWriMo. And June is coming, so here is what you need to know.

What's it stand for? Burrow Novel Writing Month.

And what is it? Just like NaNoWriMo, but in a month you don't have to cook a big meal or Christmas shop. 50,000 words in 30 days. We run it from Facebook because I administer it and don't have the skills for a real website.

How can I (meaning you) get involved? Just request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/120068351365639/

I can't remember if it is open or not, but if not, I will just admit you provided you don't try to sell everybody Ray Bans.

So you are DEFINITELY all invited!!!


As for what I am writing next month... I am going to do my first shot at horror. Well sort of first shot—my very first novel had elements of horror. But this one will have a tiny bit more supernatural (not much, just a little creepy)--but the real horror is always people with evil agendas eh?

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like a little creepy.
I wrote my third book during BuNo several years ago. I can't follow on Facebook, but if I did start another project, I'd let you know progress through my blog.

Trisha said...

I hope I'll be ready! But I really need to edit my novels instead of writing new ones. So hopefully I'll be doing that. In some cases, it will be a rewrite, so I guess that counts as writing a new book in a way ;)

Powdered Toast Man said...

I'm planning to write a children's horror pop-up book. No one seems interested in giving me a book deal.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I can't believe it's almost time again.

Helena said...

I love creepy and ghostly or supernatural kind of scary, so I'm looking forward to your story. I myself won't be doing the BuNo, butI always enjoy reading about your results.

Jan Morrison said...

I'm in. Off work recovering but no facebook. Too much for this addictive soul!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sounds like fun. I would join if I were starting a new WIP, but I'm going to doing edits and promotion for most of that month.

Anonymous said...

I love creepy, thanks for sharing!
บาคาร่าออนไลน์
บาคาร่า
gclub จีคลับ

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! This makes me think you liked that blogpost we collaborated on just a little too much. (A to Z, H is for Horror.) Fun stuff.

Unknown said...

If only I was writing this month and not in outlining hell! Oh well, I'm with you in BuNoWriMo in spirit!
Ann

Tamara Narayan said...

I hope you had success with BuNo! 50K sounds like an impossible goal. I'd be interested in knowing more about your horror story.