Monday, January 25, 2016

A to Z Opens and My Plan



Hallo, fine peoples!!! Today is the day! And two months and a couple days from today it STARTS.

Wait... how can both of those things be true?

Well TODAY is the day the SIGN UP opens for the A to Z challenge. This is a great activity... It commits you to blogging 26 days in April (it actually STARTS April 1], so not for the faint of heart, but it is good for discipline, networking, adrenaline... and honestly, if you aren't going to do it, you should probably plan to just take April off... It is the only game in town.

So what is MY PLAN?

I'm going to put you all to work.

[Say what?]

I made a plan this year to learn a bunch of networking and promoting tools and I've done exactly bipcus. I must have spelled that wrong... I am looking for the Yiddish word for nothing... But then it occurred to me that I can be sneaky clever sometimes... so I am going to come up with the TOPICS alphabetically, and throw out the question asking all of YOU your experience with these various things! Then I will be able to evaluate where I should best invest my energies...

How's that? Just call me Tom Sawyer.


In Other News

And when I say I've done bipcus, I mean on marketing... I am about 60% through my January edit (I should finish) and I did the copy editing eval turnaround gig for The Seventeen which is my short story going in Parallels: Felix Was Here, The IWSG Speculative Anthology.

15 comments:

L.G. Keltner said...

Your A to Z strategy sounds great! The Tom Sawyer method of getting things done is nothing short of brilliant.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Hart - I agree with LG .. getting us to work up your post for you in the A-Z makes sense ... not that I'm pinching that idea off you.

Good luck with the edits etc .. and looking forward to the A-Z I've signed. Cheers Hilary

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Sounds like a smart twist on A-Z!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Clever theme, Hart! Ready to play along.
Glad your story is one that will be in the anthology.

ViolaNut said...

I believe the word you're looking for is bupkes. And if that's not quite it, it's closer. ;-)

Hart Johnson said...

HA! I should have asked you in the first place, Leanne. My Yiddish is entirely from HEARING a bit of it, so I don't know how any of it is spelled and often I have a bit of even the said word wrong.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I like your plan. Very clever and I'm going to find it informational for me too.

Arlee Bird said...

The best way to learn is to ask those who know what you want to know. Sounds like a great plan to me.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Chrys Fey said...

That's a clever way to get your A to Z done. ;) Can't wait to see what everyone shares for your themes.

mshatch said...

Great idea! I'll be looking forward to your A-Z posts :)

BB said...

You know what I think? I think whatever works for you! That's my 2 cents! Lol. Good luck with the challenge. So glad you paid me a visit too!

Helena said...

Sounds like I'll soon be whitewashing a fence for your new books, and I'll be happy to do so. Signed, Becky Thatcher.

Jan Morrison said...

You are such a smarty pants! I, however, am Huck Finn to your Tom, so won't paint but plan on a long raft trip!

Nicola said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'm really looking forward to the A to Z challenge. I'm a newbie and can't wait.

Unknown said...

I love your A-Z plan. I need to come up with a solid plan myself, well before April gets here. I'm considering a theme of different craft activities, if only because I know one of them can be quilling, which takes care of the painful task that is finding a word for Q. I'd also like to learn crochet, and that could be my excuse to do it.